• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online 3.5 Looking for Player

Nikroecyst

First Post
I am wanting to start a 3.5 game online using maptool. I am looking for one player to round out a two player group. I have pretty extensive DMing experience but this will be my fist time Dming online.

We are looking to play once a week on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. The time has not yet been established.

3.5 Gestalt 2nd Level (reference Unearthed Arcana)

2nd level starting gold as per the dmg (look up "wealth" in the index in the back)

2nd level exp, and i'll list sources below.

There will be a few changes to the typical gestalt system (Unearthed Arcana) and a few changes to house rules and the such. These I'll list below as well.

Sources:
Com Warrior, Arcane, Divine, and Adventurer ONLY
PHB, PHB 2, DMG
Monster Manuals 1 and 3 ONLY
Spell Compendium
Races of the Dragon, Races of Stone, Races of the Wild, and Races of Destiny ONLY

House Rules and Changes:
No Leadership feat.

No Item Creation Feats. When these abilities are granted by a class instead you gain a Bonus Feat that can be selected from the PHB.

No Familiars, Cohorts, Companions, Special Mounts, Hirelings, or Followers of any kind. When these abilities are granted by a class you simply do not gain the class ability (this includes pets purchased). Yes this does make some classes better than others, but then again this is why you are Gestalting.

No Class Variants or Class Ability Variants

No Racial Variants (BUT subraces ARE allowed)

Characters need to be created in www.thetangledweb profiler section.

Characters must be COMPLETELY finished before each game commences.
Players can keep whatever other copies they want but during the game I will be using TTW for characters so make sure to have them completely up to date.

When a class grants you the same class ability OR class ability progression, you take the better of the two, they do not stack. (Example: Barbarian's Uncanny Dodge, and Rouge's Uncanny Dodge, you would not get Imp. Uncanny Dodge, you would only get Uncanny Dodge from ONE of the classes, the other is simply lost) (Example: Rouge's Sneak Attack, Spell Thief's Sneak Attack, you would pick which class's Sneak Attack Progression is better, not both, in this case I think it would be the Rouge's)

NO MULTICLASSING, you have to stick with the two classes you pick.
When adding a Prestige Class, you only add that one class, and all other rules must be followed when prestiging. Adding Level Adjustments from races follows the same exact rules as prestige classes. (Example A: If you start a race with an LA of +1 then you can have only one gestalt level. Example B: Goliath Barbarian/Druid 1)

Characters must be heroic. Dark Heroes are ok as long as they are mostly there to do good for the world.

I am lax on the rules usually only when it comes to making the story and game play more fluidic or enjoyable. Otherwise most 3.5 rules will be followed for game play.

NO RULES LAYWERS !!!

Potential players will be interviewed through either AIM or email.

One other thing. Players are expected to know thier characters and know thier rules. I will be assuming the role of a storyteller more than a rules laywer. This is not to say I won't be ruling on rules every once in a while. If you are having problems learning paticular rules I am willing to help but when it becomes too much I will be putting my foot down.

So if you have any questions drop me a line on Aim nytwrytr, email me at Nikroesis@hotmail.com, or hit me back up on this thread.
~Nik

Last edited:

Jin_Kataki

First Post
I am the other player in this game. I have played in many of Nikroecysts games before over the last like 12 or more years. His moving out of state has put a damper on my gaming so in order to get some more variety going I asked him if he would be interested in running this through map tools. I will be playing an Aasimar Bard/Monk. I will link to it on thetangledweb as soon as I have finished him. Looking forward to having allot of fun with this.

Jin_Kataki

First Post
Just a bump and a question. Since no one seems to be interested thus far. Do any of you have any recomendations that may make you more inclined to want to join. Other than switching rules sets completely. For instance maybe a race or splatbook not included so far. I know allot of people seem to be pretty 4e gung ho right now, but the choice to stick with 3.5 was made based on the need for a more familiar system so the DM doesn't have the difficulty of running map tools which isn't mastered yet and dealing with a system that he isn't 100% comfortable with.

slwoyach

First Post
Well, I don't usually play over maptools (I prefer AIM chatrooms) and avoid gestalts (they're inherently too high-magic for me), but one thing that might be turning off those who otherwise be interested is the no multi-classing rule. People like to multi-class.

fba827

Adventurer
I would be interested but my schedule changes from day to day so I don't know what I could commit to in terms of time :(

Sounds fun though!

Jin_Kataki

First Post
Well, I don't usually play over maptools (I prefer AIM chatrooms) and avoid gestalts (they're inherently too high-magic for me), but one thing that might be turning off those who otherwise be interested is the no multi-classing rule. People like to multi-class.

I will mention this to him if I talk to him before he checks the thread. The gestalting was done as a means to compensate for it being a two person party. Also it doesn't need to be high magic. It all depends on what the other person plays. My only magic will be coming from my bard classes and that is a very light spell casting class. I can kind understand you on the multi classing, but with being gestalt and having access to PrC's there isn't really a need.

slwoyach

First Post
I actually have been having trouble loading maptools on my, so I'm out. I was just suggesting one reason you're not getting any responses.

Jin_Kataki

First Post
I understand it is much appreciated. I didn't mean to come off like I was slamming your suggestions or anything. I am not the kind of guy who asks for advice and then tells the person giving it that everything they say is wrong.

Remove ads