• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Auto-Update Character Sheet

H

Harrrbinger

Dungeon Master Pro (DM PRo) is creating an online character sheet repository for designing, storing, monitoring and displaying personal character sheets on the web. This is the first of several tools that create an automated system to assist in tabletop combat. These sheets can be accessed by multiple users to permit real time updates, game conditions and modifiers by DM and players alike. For example, an NPC necromancer casts “Doom” on a character, and the player can see the modifications automatically updated to their character sheet.

The aim is to make character sheets accessible from any device including smart phones, tablets and laptops. With a multi-access character sheet, DM and players radically reduce combat time while improving rules accuracy and monitoring. How many times does the DM forget about a spell duration or actually uses all a monster’s available feats?

The service is free but there will be a deluxe subscription service as well.

Check out the project to see if real time character sheets might improve your game.

For more RPG Kickstarters, click here.

ghaladen

Explorer
Cool idea, although I'm personally against the use of technology at the table, as I feel it detracts from the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm a software engineer by day so I'm not anti-technology, just not in tabletop gaming.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Now, if this had some kind of simple API so that I could remotely integrate it into this, I'd be all over it.

Thromich

First Post
It will have an open API for integration. Just a question of when...probably between 3-6 months. If funding is well over the minimum, could be as soon as the launch date by the end of October.

Thromich

First Post
I hear you on the technology at the table thing. The coming reality is that the tablet provides too much benefit at the table to ignore. A dynamic character sheet plus PDFs plus online reference docs is WAY more efficient and faster than looking up through 6 or more books at the table.

Remove ads