• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Campaign in the IC forum!

Vargo

First Post
Two slight changes...

Stats:
Str: 10->8
Int: 14->16

Skills:
Add:
Knowledge (Planes) 6 ranks + 3 (Int) = +8

Change:
Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks +3 (Int) = +7
Scry 8 ranks + 3 (Int) = +11
Spellcraft 6 ranks + 3 (Int) + 2 (Racial) = +11

I'll edit the character and make the changes.

Rhialto

First Post
Soon.

In fact, I'd like you all to do a little recent background work.

The game will begin with the PCs entering Seilen on the fifth day of the month of Blossoming, in the year 1495 B.R.E. with a merchant caravan. (Pretty much the only safe way to travel...) The question is, what brings you to Seilen?

At the moment, several things of note are happening in Seilen.

It's new year, which means parties, parties, parties...

The Church of Thanatos is holding its decade-based Black Festival, which means the city is flooded with Thanatos worshippers.

The Regent Alyssa Quirinius is being recognized by foreign diplomats from most of the nations of Tur An Tiel.

The Merchants' Emporium is holding a High Family meeting next month, which means they are buzzing with preparations.

The Church of Surya will be having a festival next week. More pilgrims, of a slightly wilder sort.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
By Background work, you mean ''WTF are you doing in Seilan?''.

OK, let's see...

-----------------------------

Let's party like it's 1499! Mal could be drawn to the city simply because of the festivities.

-------------------------------------

Also, his father is a rich merchant so he could be involved in the Emporium and the preparation for the meeting. If it was the case, since he'd be here for a month, it would be likely that the whole family would be with him. This would mean that Mal would get a chance to see his little sister again.

-------------------------------------

BTW, Do the PCs already know each other?

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
A few might, but I'd rather start with the group's formation...

In essence, this will be their first adventure as a party...

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Then it's likely that Mal has already spent some time in the city celebrating a big payoff (now down to only 39 GP).

Perhaps Mal has already worked with some of the other PCs as a mercenary. If we have a wizard who studied in Brael, Mal could have met him there.

Rhialto

First Post
Well, I'm going to start with you all entering Seilen with the caravan...

(P.S. Just doing a little player check...
Definite
Mal Malenkirk
Kaiambus Arkhendeire
Vargo Setilospar

Possible
Tokiwong's Alfari Bard
Clear Dragon's Quaesteri Illusionist/Rogue
Razamir's Paladin...)

Last edited:

If any of those 'possibles' don't show up, would you mind putting me on the waiting list? I'm fascinated by your homebrewed world...

(Also, do you know that the IR is still back? William told us that you might not have known about it...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads