• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Builder is LIVE!

Littimer

First Post
Has anyone found out where the magic ammunition section is? It doesn't appear to be under Magic Items, Gear, Misc, or Weapons. I'm out of ideas, which I guess means for the time being I will use both CBs for searching through items/feats/etc.

Shroomy

Adventurer
How do you delete an item from the equipment list? I only see that you can de-select an item.

I made an Essential character (level 9) but wish to swap some of the magic items it chose for it.

-PJ

The way I found was to go into the Marketplace and sell the stuff you don't want.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
How do you delete an item from the equipment list? I only see that you can de-select an item.

I made an Essential character (level 9) but wish to swap some of the magic items it chose for it.

-PJ

Very, very good question. I couldn't see that either.

Cheers!

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Overall - I think it is okay - I see both good and bad in it. The most frustrating thing was while creating a Pyromancer Mage I was unable to select any Fire atwills. I ticked the show additional options box but it still only showed the essentials choices.

Unlike everyone else (or so it would seem) I have not experienced any crashes with any of my creations.

Nebulorum

First Post
My impressions

I gave it a quick test. As with most Wizard programs interface is gorgeous, but as some famous computer billionaire once said: "If you can't make it good, make it look good."

The crashes and missing rules will be fixed in time, but I will have to use the offline version for the time being. What I did not like was the character sheet and printing:

• PRO: They do look nice (as stated above)
  • PRO: Better navigation trough parts
  • PRO: Clean interface
  • CON: More use of color on the cards, which will deplete my toner quicker;
  • CON: Less options for printing (just base template)
  • CON: No break down any where;
  • CON: Does not have the option to show all weapons;
  • CON: Really ugly on the PDF print out, it sees to be really low res (use PrimoPDF just like on CB-Old-And-Faithful)
  • CON: No option to limit source material, my Eberron character got a Darksun item.
As many have stated it does not look like a finished product. I would sure love Wizards to focus more on a good rock-solid foundation then go to the slick interface.

Same here... after the third attempt it just hangs completely.

As a professional developer I'd be embarrased to let something like this go live. Version 0.1 indeed...

I had no problems importing my Level 4 Half-Elf Avenger. The only thing it didn't do was load my portrait. No biggie there.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with IE9 beta and it works ok...a few crashes here and there and a small bit of delay when choosing things.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
Everything seems to have worked, I had no crash issues, I saved the character, and printed up a character sheet.

Up until the printing part, that was my experience too - for some reason, although it lets me select my printer and click okay, nothing actually prints. Odd.

Kurtomatic

First Post
Since it appears to be mostly feature-complete, it would be a beta rather than an alpha. A beta not ready for prime time, nonetheless.

It runs fine for me in Chrome on XP at work, if a bit slow. I expect better performance at home tonight on my personal equipment.

I've imported some of my LFR characters I downloaded from iplay4e ;), and the import works well enough, except the management notes (mannerism, appearance, etc.) did not appear to transfer. Has anyone seen the ability to journal your character at all? This seems to have not made their requirements spec for the initial release, which sucks for me.

BTW, do we need a merge?

NMcCoy

Explorer
First impressions as I get them:
* Hangs when I try to import my current character.
* Hangs when I try to recover my current character from the crash.
* Trying to recreate him from scratch. Choosing a class, scrollwheel doesn't work. Major, major UI fault.
* The pop-up bubbly thing when choosing an option annoys me, though I may get used to it eventually. Currently feels like needless bling.
* Making a Lv12 Dragonborn Sorcerer; I get two buttons labeled "Choose a Dragon Breath option". Bug? No, one is for an ability score, one is for elemental type. A clear case where the older CB's transparent options worked a bit better from a clarity standpoint.
* Ability scores. No way to drag/drop to swap them, from what I can tell. Dropdown box for choosing level up abilities is still a terrible interface for it. Seriously, give me a horizontal list of "STR CON DEX INT WIS CHA" and let me click two of them. The way it shows primary/secondary stats for a class is brilliant; make use of that innovation, please.
* Want to do skills later, heading to Feats instead.
* AUGH WALL OF GREEN BUTTONS. And they're too wide for the column, even.
* When searching by name for an element: if the search returns a unique result, hitting enter should select that option and close the popup. it doesn't.
* A rare moment of UI working as I expect: double-clicking a selected feat lets me reselect it.
* The skill choosing interface is juuust shy of excellent: I've multiclassed paladin, and if I check History first (i.e., as a Sorcerer skill behind the scenes) I can't choose Athletics as my last choice, but if I do it the other way around (History as my last choice) I can.
* Feat-related options in the feat section is good; would be better if the option were directly below the feat chosen rather than at the bottom. Also, having the Powerful Breath choice ALSO shown on the racial tab would be nice.
* Can't find a way to add bonus feats. When they said "no houserule support", they weren't kidding.
* Can't figure out how to attach a dragonshard augment. "Equip Selected" is clickable, but has no apparent effect.
* Shopping feels weird. More on this later.
* Can't find my bonus breakdown on my Dragon Breath damage. Can't find the Dragon Breath power at all, actually. Except on the character sheet as a power card.
* Dragon Breath power card is immensely unsuited to actual play. Card doesn't reflect ability score/element choices made, still has the "Special" section.

Remove ads