• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online tools for remote gaming

Dastari

First Post
I have a bunch of friends who want to play but most of them live in different places. Does anyone know of good sites/resources for remote gaming? I know a friend who skypes in a remote player and they set up a webcam to look at the minis but that's only one player. All of mine except one would be remote and we're looking at 6 players. From previous experience with podcasts it seems that Skype has issues with quality once you get beyond four people on a call and that's with an audio-only conference.

I've heard that there are more D&D specific type tools to use and I'd like to try and experiment with several of them to see what works. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For campaign management, groups here at EN World have a bunch of tools for that.

For actual play, Roll20 won an ENnie this year; it has a very good reputation.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
I tried signing up there. The activation e-mail still hasn't hit my e-mail. I checked the spam folder and it's not there either. I even asked for another activation e-mail and still nothing.

PM me your email and/or the user name you chose. Maybe I can help push it through.

It's pretty cool for games, because it has a dice roller that can throw multiple sets of dice at a time, a shared deck of cards (all face up), and a shared whiteboard as well. My favorite GM tool: the ability to drop brief Youtube music-clips into the chat!

Cue combat music...

Remove ads