[OnlineOffline][4e][Eberron] KotS

Graf

Explorer
This thread is an experiment with some local friends to see if we can play online to supplement our real world gaming (currently seriously curtailed). There isn't an OOC thread, but there is a rogues gallery.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Prologue I

The ship slammed through another the wave. The helmsman's dragonmark flared briefly from the poop deck. The sailors muttered darkly. But the armored man in robes was not thinking about the boat or the storm-tossed sea.

He was thinking about the first meeting, weeks ago. His tremendous sense of honor, the feeling of purpose. His mentor's rough voice. Keeper's had a vision. You're in it. Something bad is brewing in the east. The sages think it's Karrnath. You'll be leaving soon.

Don't get too excited. We're sending a squad of five; you'll be the junior member. You'll keep your ears clean and do what you're told.

The old man gestures to his stump, where the demon took his arm. Appearing in the keeper's vision... it's you're called for what you can do. Every blessing has its price. But you could see the pride in his eyes.

And then a few days ago. You spoke again. He was angry. So angry.

The cardinals have declined to release the men. They say.... he pauses breathing deeply to control himself. That you're the only one in the vision. So you're the only one who should go.

There's a boom as he brings his arm down on the table. You don't say anything, you know he asked to go. You know they rejected him.

You're not going to be totally alone. There's another brother I know there. He'll get you some help. He punches the table again. The flame called you. It's an honor to go. A blessing to be called. You nod and don't look at his arm.

The paladin looks at the rain soaked parchment again. In the darkness you can't see the parchment, but you can still the the writing in your mind's eye.

Among the Icetops long slumbering wings unfurl
Darkness seeps into the haven of winter
Winterhaunt brings the feared return

Don't need to tell you that Winterhaunt's once every twenty years, when the dark plane of Malbar comes into conjunction with Eberron herself.

There's a town. Winterhaven. In the highlands of Gardbury Downs, northwest of Lakeside.

Winterhaunt in a month. You'll have to travel hard to make it.

Ashburn

Explorer
Among the Icetops long slumbering wings unfurl
Darkness seeps into the haven of winter

Tyr stands motionless... looking eastward across the horizon. The chill of the wind does not bother Tyr, for his thick fur insulates and keeps him warm. Yet, something beyond that horizon sends a chill up his spine.

... feared return? What is returning? For one, if the rest of the squad is not going to show up soon, I'll be one peeved monster they'd have to deal with.

Something in the sea catches Tyr's attention... Oooo nice fish... Tyr's mind wonders...

Ashburn

Explorer
Tyr stands motionless...

six-one-zero.
six-one-one.
six-one-two.

Tyr stands motionless...

six-one-five.
six-one-six.
six-one-seven.

Tyr has been standing there, counting his heartbeats, for the past six hundred and seventeen heartbeats... Tyr loves counting heartbeats. For one, it gives him sharper focus, which he really needs. For two, it trains him mind, which probably isn't going to help much. For three, ... Tyr begins to wonder where are the remaining of the squad of five.

Did I get the date wrong? ...again?
Hmmm... maybe I got the wrong time...
?!*$@
Oh frack....
*sigh*

one.
two.
three.

Tyr stands motionless...

Remove ads