[OOC] A Game of Trust

Sparky

Friendly neighborhood reminder that I'm out of town starting tomorrow, ending Sunday. If RP carries on in such a way that the natural window for my PC delivering his news passes, assume that he falls unconscious from exhaustion and illness and will rouse upon my return or such a time as he makes consecutive Fort saves.

If anybody recognizes the salamander, let me know. Probably a Knowledge: Local check? I don't recall reading through if there is any provision for players requesting checks of other players for knowledge they wouldn't neccessarily know to share with them.

For instance: Fendric is religious man, with religious training. He might recognize the holy symbol of a defunct religion. Would I request a Knowledge: Religion check (to preserve the mystery) or just describe the what someone who knows would know (and offer up the info without cluttering the RP with rolls)?

dpdx

Explorer
Sparky said:
For instance: Fendric is religious man, with religious training. He might recognize the holy symbol of a defunct religion. Would I request a Knowledge: Religion check (to preserve the mystery) or just describe the what someone who knows would know (and offer up the info without cluttering the RP with rolls)?
Fendric got a grand total of 4 on his Knowledge:Religion check, as you requested, which is probably indicative of what he knows about other religions. I'd go with Hiritus and Shavah if you want somebody to know what that tattoo is all about. :D

Lu Wei Fong

First Post
Sounds great. Yeah, it's mostly feats, with probably one prestige class I want to take. I'll send that to you along with the feats. Do you already know about the Vow of Poverty, or should I send those stats as well? If you'd prefer to make a new prestige class or whatever, that's fine, you are the DM and I've no problem with whatever your descision may be :) Actually, my character, if he had knowledge of you, would be glad you're a "let the dice fall" DM. He's the type who is always striving to test and shatter his limits, eagerly welcoming new challenges, he wants nothing handed to him on a silver platter. So you have his gratitude :) However, the reason I want to join so bad is more for the Role-Playing intensiveness of the game anywho's, not the mechanics, just want to make sure you're ok with my character (assuming a slot opens and I can play)
Well, thanks much :)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
No clue what the Vow feats entail, so send that along as well.

Looked over the material you've sent thus far briefly, haven't replied yet... My immediate response was on the negative side, but not really in a will-I-allow-this sense (there's a certain framework for what a feat should be, what a prestige class should be, et cetera, that gets violated all over the place these days -- feats that scale by level, et cetera)... I'll try to sort out my opinions and get a response to you shortly... I can tell you right now that I'll be suggesting a lot of alternatives to feats I don't feel a need to forbid, exactly, so be ready to reject some of my suggestions; however, I'm also going to heavily pimp the "how can you do this with core rules?" angle, as I generally try to keep deviations from core rules as few as possible (to "level the playing field," so to speak...), which is needless to say quite a departure from what you have planned.

Oh, and Sparky: Feel free to request any checks necessary, as it's pretty easy to ad hoc the DC for something like that.

Sparky

Rats... I hoped I'd get in before anyone else posted. Please don't leave a poor, shivering, sick old man behind. Because he'd much rather depart immediately and hike through icy mountain passes than stay in a nice warm bed for a couple days :)

Oh, and sorry for delaying said departure.

dpdx

Explorer
Sparky said:
Rats... I hoped I'd get in before anyone else posted. Please don't leave a poor, shivering, sick old man behind. Because he'd much rather depart immediately and hike through icy mountain passes than stay in a nice warm bed for a couple days :)
Your wish is our command, Sparky. :)

It's time to grab your stuff in the other thread. And it helps to stay warm if you talk all the way through the passes. So spill.:)

Last edited:

Remove ads