• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] A Game of Trust

Sparky

doghead said:
Oh Sparky. Only 730 posts. Its almost a crime.

doghead
aka thotd

Bah! I'd have 4,000 posts if I chimed in just to taunt folks for their low post counts too! :p

Any more, I only come around to post into Casual. Used to be, EN World was my online home... then I was seduced away by Shadowrun (oddly enough, an SR game I got into here lead me away)... now I'm seduced back into D&D but not solely here. :D Go figure.

Sparky

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks to GP for conducting our grand adventure, thanks to the players for some terrific RP and thanks to EN World for a place to share our stories!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

DrZombie

First Post
we don't welebrate thanksgiving, but still happy thanksgiving :)

BTW, i just looked at the XP totals. Ravel levelled. Hello manyshot feat. And you thought he could shoot a lot of arrows before he got the XP

doghead

thotd
ooc - Casual

Ok, reasons. The first is an IC one.

Xiao believes that he needs to visit the temple of Wee Jas. If the artefacts stolen from his temple back home relate to death in some way, then the argument for visiting the temple become rather compelling for Xiao. Death seems to be a significant thread running through events in the game (Knights who are dead seems to be walking the world again, and I seem to recall mention of undead armies at some point). I'm not sure exactly how the timeline of events goes. But if we say that the beginning of things corresponds with around the time that Xiao first began to learn of his father's crime, then it would seem to Xiao that in some way, the stolen artefacts are connected to events here, and that it is Xiao's duty, or fate, to try and put right his father's wrong. Shortly after joining Fendric and his companions, they are mysteriously turned away from the temple of Wee Jas, who Xiao later learns is the god of Death and Magic. To Xiao, it seems like to much of a coincidence to be ignored.

The other reason is not game related.

I might be heading off late of Feb/early March. If so, I will be pretty much off the information super highway for quite a while and I gaming won't really be an option. Which actually makes me a little sad.

PS: I've just been reading over the summary of the game and realised that the rest of the party might also choose to head for the temple of Wee Jas. From what I understand, that is where Father Premule is believed to have been taken. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

doghead
aka thotd

Sparky

Guh! doghead! Adding in a bit in Ollie's post for Xiao.

EDIT: And stick around, or, don't go away. Leave a window for Xiao to come back. He's way part of the gang.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
doghead said:
ooc - Casual

Ok, reasons. The first is an IC one.

doghead
aka thotd
Will be missing you hugely, doghead. You play Xiao to perfection, and you've always managed a "clean" exit and entrance - much respect. I also hope you're not being sent to the Middle East. :)

Minor point - the only interaction we've had with the Wee Jasians is outside of Bethel, when the cleric and his brownie troop of undead nearly walked headlong into what those worms got. IIRC, it was the Nerullians who snatched Premule.

doghead

thotd
Thanks dpdx. There is a chance I may be sticking around. Things are all pretty much up in the air at the moment. But the way things are, I probably will be heading off somewhere. Probably not the middle east. So I figured I ought to let people know.

doghead
aka thotd

Sparky

Why the raised eyes from Cylantro, Tailspinner? Sir Rienne Vaustus is who we're there to see. And as far as I can recall (from having read the threads, I wasn't playing yet), NOT delivering the letter to the addressee is A Bad Thing.

----

Visach Cheraul VII, Seated in the City of Bethel

Brother Milos Premule, Knight of Heironeous and Overseer of
the Guard of Bethel, quartered in the Capitol Satellite of
Jance

Aramil Kethett, Honorable Servant of Cuthbert and Chief
Officer of Affairs in the Free City of Despia

Anders Peltram, Owner and Keeper of the Grey Inn, in the Free
City of Valsport

Aesop Rhandoril, Counsel to the Jury of Sages, quartered in
the Free City of Eivanrach

Tiamen lo'Solis, Princess of the Glades of Sesphar, found in
the Region of the Free cities

Lord Kildre Vemaunt, Overseer of the City of Daershut, in the
Principality of Lamecht, in the Kingdom of Tourne

Sir Rienne Vaustus, Archknight of the Kingdom of Tourne and
Advisor to King Tjaden, quarted in the City of Perlech, Seat
of the Kingdom of Tourne.

----

Delivered letters in italics, undelivered in bold. (Cut and pasted from earlier in the OOC thread)

Remove ads