• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] A Game of Trust

G

Guest 11456

I'll be away from the boards until Monday, June 23. Please auto-pilot Cylantro for me.

dpdx

Explorer
Shiny digs!

I threw a Hiritus post up just to bump it, but while I'm here, some clarifications:

- Arrich is with us on the way down Murder Hole Row, is he not?

- The servants are not?

doghead

thotd
Hey everyone

Looking forward to getting the stealth skin back. But otherwise, happy that the forum is back up and running.

doghead
aka thotd

Sparky

Let's get crackin' folks!

Haven't heard from these folks in a while...
Cylantro
Nurthk
Raven (Where the devil is Raven?)
Xiao
Cray
...Uriel

Any more thought to 4e GP?

Guilt Puppy

First Post
4e still has a "not yet" status for me. I played one table-top session with it, and it didn't kill the fun or anything, but it felt a lot more laborious. The wealth of very specific powers, even at first level, meant a lot of checking of the rules; you would get that in 3.5e when someone used a spell or some feats, but now it happens for every single action. I realize that a lot of that disappears with familiarity with the system, but still, wasn't too into it overall. At some point I can see making the switch just to make recruitment easier, but for the time being I want to stick with the rules we have.

Speaking of which, I think it might be time to do a new recruitment drive, as I think we've lost some people - no posts for a month is not a good sign. I think I'll wait until the issue of this last letter gets wrapped up, since it marks the end of a major quest & represents a good reason for some characters to depart. Once the remaining characters decide their next direction, it'll be easier to bring new ones in and not have them feel like they're walking into the middle of something else. (Actually, that might be a good time to switch to 4e, but I don't want to do that unless the current crop of players really want to.)

So yeah! That's where it stands. Thoughts? Who's still around?

Sparky

I guess it's obvious that I'm here. :)

I'm "pro 4e" (the power-lookup-scramble does diminish in time, though it doesn't vanish, but then, I'm only 3 sessions in my tabletop game, still waiting to see what it looks like for PbP). A transition is asking a lot, particularly of GP (re-tooling the campaign, getting the books, etc), so I'll totally understand if we stay 3.5e.

dpdx

Explorer
I'm here, and I am categorically Against this game going 4e. I like my guys just the way they are.

I understand that the posting has lagged, but it's lagged before and people have come back to it. I've been a little more busy with RL of late, and that will continue at least until probably the end of September. But I'll try to check in from time to time, my subscription notice works fine, and I'm on IM nearly every day.

I'm also guessing it might be time for the Pelorites to epilogue (or otherwise go out :) after this last letter gets delivered. It's been my best run with one character in my life, ever, and I'll miss it, but I'm growing away from Fendric in particular and DnD in general.

I'll try to wrap up Hiritus' end of the thread with a post soonish.

Sparky

dpdx: I'd certainly regret to see Fen and Hiritus leave the party. Especially Fen, since he's the last remaining original PC. (Though I think that you leaving the game would seriously undermine your vote to not move on to 4e.)

GP: We need to do some recruiting. Folks aren't posting at all.

Everyone: Seriously, come on people! We're almost done with a HUGE plot arc several RL YEARS in the making.

Remove ads