[OOC] A Game of Trust

Guilt Puppy

First Post
dpdx: I'd certainly regret to see Fen and Hiritus leave the party. Especially Fen, since he's the last remaining original PC. (Though I think that you leaving the game would seriously undermine your vote to not move on to 4e.)

GP: We need to do some recruiting. Folks aren't posting at all.

Everyone: Seriously, come on people! We're almost done with a HUGE plot arc several RL YEARS in the making.

My low postrate surely has something to do with it. This time I actually have about four good reasons, but my postrate has dropped in the past for less good reasons, so maybe it's just coincidence.

I agree about re-recruiting. I think once this arc is finished, I'll but the game on hold for a little while and then re-open with a new recruitment drive, treating it almost as a new game - the hook being this handful of pre-existing characters going around town trying to mobilize support for their next quest. There's a kind of cool aspect there, in that a very few people (possibly one? is Oliver going to be the only one around for the next section?) will get to hand-pick what the next major quest is going to be.

Also, yeah, I'd be very sad to see the Pelorites go away... Aside from being one of the best-realized characters I've ever gamed with, he's also been one of the most motivated and active characters since the beginning - there are so many themes and plot arcs that have had an opportunity to develop around him that the way I see the game as a whole changes without him. The whole idea of Thedoric struggling with good & evil is much different to people like Oliver & Nurthk (who have, it seems, struggled with these concepts in their own histories) than it was to the young, faithful cleric who still sees these as clear absolutes.

But the other characters all have the depth & complexity to fill that role - Oliver's search for redemption, Nurthk's pursuit of honor, Raven's vendetta against the undead (and the underlying reasons, which I think we still haven't seen?), Xiao's issues with his father & his order (once I can finally find a way to work them in!)... All of these are strong enough to drive the game's narrative (apologies to the other players if they feel slighted for not being mentioned; I just don't feel I know enough about those characters just yet).

So I guess I'm not worried aboutt the game fizzling without Fendric. But it definitely wouldn't be the same, and of course losing a player of such caliber will make the game less good.

So yeah! That's where my feelings stand on that. Back to the game...

doghead

thotd
Hey all

I just dropped in to see how you were all going. The game is still going which is great. Then I came over here to say high and I noticed that i didn't post a 'so long and thanks for all the fish notice'.

I suppose I should explain. For the last six months I have being doing my initial military training for entry into the navy. I know that I mentioned the possibility that I would be leaving, but I didn't say much more because I didn't know if I would be accepted until the last minute. I also intended to post up before i left and say goodbye. Not sure what happened to that last post.

Sorry about that.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
Just finished catching up and it seems like Xiao is still in the game, so to speak. So if no one has any objections, I am going to jump back in. Lets see if we can finish this game.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
A quick confirmation. The estate (Farlund) is not the same as the castle were the pc's had the disturbing interview, yes?

Is Sir Vaustus the man we are supposed to deliver the letter to? Or is he the man the pc's met in the castle? It was a castle right? I seem to remember big stone walls and fortifications.

doghead
aka thotd

Sparky

The castle is entirely elsewhere (in the city). The Farlund is an estate-y tavern-y inn-y thing on the edge of town with cabin-y accomidations for guests who don't care for the hustle and bustle of the city.

Vaustus is indeed the guy we need to deliver the letter to. I hope we can tell if it's him or not! :D

doghead

thotd
OK, so we use the day to see what we can find out about Vaustus and his mirthless minions. Perhaps start with the estate (the guests there would seem to be the type from the upper spectrum of society) and then move on to the city.

How does that sound?

Guilt Puppy

First Post
So recap on recent stuffs:

- Vaustus is the intended recipient of the last letter
- On attempt of first delivery, a man named Arrich tried to receive it instead - he identified himself as Vaustus' subordinate, and cited safety during wartime as the reason a direct meeting couldn't be arranged
- Arrich and his two serving-men were detectably evil to Hiritus - the servants especially
- The party split, Oliver & Xiao staying at a traveler's estate called the Farlund, the rest staying with Koehl's family
- After a short time, a letter was received indicated that Vaustus was ready to meet in person after all, at the Farlund

Hopefully that's enough info; if you need any more, just ask. :)

doghead

thotd
OK, thanks. That's what I was looking for. And now it looks like we might be at the point of delivering the last letter. Yay!

SitRep was just my shorthand for a situation report.

doghead
aka thotd

hellrazor111

First Post
If the path after is noble and righteous, Cray will continue!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been busy with colleges and the Navy, even have a placement test here in a hour or two.

Remove ads