[OOC] A Game of Trust

Mithreander

Explorer
dpdx said:
I want Sparky and Lu Wei Fong to have a chance, first. I feel like I can vouch for Sparky, at least, that she won't just drop out for months on end without some kind of notice.

Ouch! I don't think it was months, but your point and repremand is well deserved, and I expected no more. Well, cheers and good fighting!

Sparky

Lu Wei Fong: I was offering to pick up an NPC so that we could both play. Are you sure? If not chime in quick! If so...

Guilt Puppy: I'll be making up my PC over the next week. I'll probably email you with some questions. Cool?

dpdx

Explorer
Mithreander said:
Ouch! I don't think it was months, but your point and repremand is well deserved, and I expected no more. Well, cheers and good fighting!
I'm not looking to reprimand anybody, Mith, nor do I have the standing to do so. You mentioned before that you'd had to strand some games on the WOTC board because of ISP problems. I was alluding to that.

Good luck to you, too.

Lu Wei Fong

First Post
Sparky said:
Lu Wei Fong: I was offering to pick up an NPC so that we could both play. Are you sure? If not chime in quick! If so...QUOTE]
No problem, Spary :) I'd rather wait and see if a spot for a new PC opens up, but thank you very much for your consideration :)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Mithreander said:
Hi, it's me... Furgus has been away for a while, and though he does cause issues, I still like him. Is there a chance I can come back, or has my spot been taken? Either way, I'm okay with it.

Thanks.

Yeah... Sorry about not sending out an email or anything, but in my past experience trying to suck players back in has just slowed the game down... I hope you understand that it was nothing against either you or your character (though he does cause issues -- hell, because -- I still like him :) ), and I'm certainly in no position to criticize a player for disappearing without notice (it happens, and I wouldn't be running a "Casual" game if I wasn't willing to accept that.) Normally I wouldn't have been so quick to drop someone, but (A) you had just joined, so I couldn't expect you to be too committed to the game; and (B)
there were a number of people looking for a spot, and I wanted to fit in as many as possible, because I know that droughts come as well.

If there's ever room again, you're more than welcome back. If you'd like, I can send you an email and give you preference for a spot should one need filling.

DrZombie

First Post
dpdx said:
[The heated words are fine with me, obviously, because Fendric has picked fights with at least two other PCs and an NPC since the adventure began, and is still around to talk about it. I don't ever take anything personally as Fendric's player, but Fendric will always speak from the heart, and will always protect his 'people', and will always react to an insult, which is why Raven's in an argument with him.

He truly doesn't know what side Raven is on, and I suspect he won't until these 'mountain people' leave, and Raven's still around. At the very worst, when Fendric hears that Raven called him a 'poofter' to the ravast, one of us can roll up a new character. :)
]
I allways have difficulties with the "we're all playing the game so our characters should get along fine" school of thought. Problem is, favorite enemy of Raven are undead, so he doesn't really trust the group.
To complicate matters, fendric is being stubborn, and he's being an elven poofter looking down on the barbarians, people with whom Raven relates...

So they're having an argument. Aaah well, raven tried to kinda apologise, we'll see where it goes. Maybe if they both get some sleep lol.

Mithreander

Explorer
guit puppy said:
If there's ever room again, you're more than welcome back. If you'd like, I can send you an email and give you preference for a spot should one need filling.

That would be great, thanks!

dpdx

Explorer
Dr. Zombie said:
To complicate matters, fendric is being stubborn, and he's being an elven poofter looking down on the barbarians, people with whom Raven relates...
You definitely need to cool it with bigoted words like 'poofter,' though (ESPECIALLY OOC, where you can't possibly be trying to fold it into a character concept), or find another game. Whether I'm DM, or just one of the original players, I don't care, but I won't see this game turn into a slurfest because people can't control their vocabulary. ESPECIALLY OOC.

'Stubborn,' yes. Pompous ass, sure. Poofter, queer, fag, or anything like that, get the hell out.

That's your last warning.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
dpdx said:
You definitely need to cool it with bigoted words like 'poofter,' though (ESPECIALLY OOC, where you can't possibly be trying to fold it into a character concept), or find another game. Whether I'm DM, or just one of the original players, I don't care, but I won't see this game turn into a slurfest because people can't control their vocabulary. ESPECIALLY OOC.

'Stubborn,' yes. Pompous ass, sure. Poofter, queer, fag, or anything like that, get the hell out.

That's your last warning.
Eeeuuhm? nothing personal? If i offended you, I'm really sorry. I was "quoting" my character, not commenting on your personal life or playing style. I was commenting on your character from my characters point of view. OOC i can clearly see why my character irritates the hell out of your character, and viva versa. All because of silly misunderstandings.

However, I never intended, at any stage, to insult you personally, and if you do feel insulted I sincerely appologise. To have my character call your character "elven poofter" was never ment to offend anyone. It was ment in-game, and in-game only. It wasn't even meant as an outright sexual insult, more as a cursing the "general" image of elves, such as stubborn dwarves, foolish halflings, stupid orcs, and "poofter" elves. This is not, in any way, meant as an insult to homosexuals, as I have various homosexual friends, male and female and I do not consider myself as a bigot or racist.

If you are offended by this remark, I'll watch my words a bit more carefull next time, although I must honestly say I never imagined you'd be so sensitive about these matters. If you feel you're unable to continue playing with me, I'd rather back out then to let you continue your game, instead of chasing you out. Your character has led this group from the start, it would be a shame to wast all the effort.

dpdx

Explorer
DrZombie said:
Eeeuuhm? nothing personal? If i offended you, I'm really sorry. I was "quoting" my character, not commenting on your personal life or playing style. I was commenting on your character from my characters point of view. OOC i can clearly see why my character irritates the hell out of your character, and viva versa. All because of silly misunderstandings.
Apology accepted, and no, you don't have to leave the game. Although Nurthk's reaction should have been your first clue, my offhanded comment your second, and it should never have gotten to a third. I'm not gay, and neither is my half-elf PC. In case it wasn't painfully clear IC, he's got a thing for Shavah.

Remove ads