[OOC] A Game of Trust

DrZombie

First Post
dpdx said:
Apology accepted, and no, you don't have to leave the game. Although Nurthk's reaction should have been your first clue, my offhanded comment your second, and it should never have gotten to a third. I'm not gay, and neither is my half-elf PC. In case it wasn't painfully clear IC, he's got a thing for Shavah.

Aaah well, bugger all this then, and just start over...

How are you doing. My name is Maarten, hapilly married, proud father of a 6 mth old son. I'm pleased to meet you.

doghead

thotd
Guilt Puppy

I have been a little over extended on a couple of fronts for a while and don't feel like I am holding up my end as well as I should be. Given that, and the number of people awaiting an opening, I am willing to step aside for someone else.

I could go on to say how much I am enjoying the game and looking forward to see whats what, and how it has nothing to do with all that, but I think that given amount of interest in getting onboard, I think that the quality of the game speaks for itself. Basically, it came down to the fact that it seemed to me that I could do it here with the least disruption to the game generally.

If its not a problem at your end, let me know.

the head of the dog.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
doghead:

Just so you know, I haven't had any problem with your post frequency up to this point... It takes a few weeks of absence without prior notice before I start to consider re-recruiting. Although I try to keep my post frequency as high as possible to satisfy the more compulsive posters (*cough* dpdx *cough* :) ) that shouldn't be taken as a demand for highly active players: My goal is to keep the game casual at heart, meaning that folks who get busy or even just get a little bored with it are still welcome.

That said, if you feel uncomfortable with how often you can get to the boards vs. the pace of the game, and start feeling lost or left behind in what's happening, or even if you just want to ease your load a little, then I can completely understand your reason for leaving the game. I just don't want you to feel like you're somehow obligated to do so -- I've had no problems up to this point.

So no, it's not a problem at my end -- I'd be happy to see you stay, and I'd understand if I have to see you go. Whatever works out best for you. Just let me know if I need to send that email to Mithreander...

doghead

thotd
Guilt Puppy

The pacing of the game is fine. And the plot is beginning to thicken nicely. Its not so much a issue of (my) quantity but quality that is bothering me. I have been feeling that i need to cut back for a while, but am loath to step out of any of my games - how do you choose which character to snuff?

Then I realised i should look at it from the other perspective. Which games can I step out of without disrupting. Sparky's offer to take one of the NPC's made me realise that I could step out here.

As I read your reply I was really tempted to stay (especially as Xiao has just earned a place in Festy Dog's sig :D ) but *takes a firm grip on his resolve* I think I should step down.

If Xiao could be written out in a way that allows the possiblity of return in the future, that would be great. Because I hate not finding out how a character turns out. Of course I will stay available to take Xiao through to that point.

There. It is done. Now to hit the submit button.

Right, yes the submit button. There it is.

Oh? I haven't done it yet? OK. Clicking submit now.

Really ...

dpdx

Explorer
Okay, honestly? High turnover of players is a bigger pain in the butt than is slow post frequency. That being said, IMHO, the worst thing you could do is leave, Doghead.

As one of the (cough) more frequent posters (cough), I'm happy to slow down a little more if it (edit: that is, not doing so) makes the other players and/or DM uncomfortable, or like they're straining to keep up.

But that being said, I will usually post if the game is on page two or three, or if it's a dialogue thing that doesn't necessarily have to advance plot like this last one with Raven, or if it's my turn (like in combat, or this back and forth with Kentaro). It's my favorite game going on PbP, and until my tabletop group gets back together, this is game night for me. I make no apologies for that, but neither do I get upset if people don't post as frequently.

This is Casual DnD, right? No one has a quota. Just show up, let us know you're around once in a while, and keep showing up, right?

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
dpdx, honesty is good.

Reading the "0 for 6" thread helped me see what was happening. I took on too much and have become jaded (outside factors have also played a significant contribution as well). A couple of people mentioned having doing the same, particularly in regards to times when they have dropped out of sight. I absolutely do not intend to just disappear without a word. Its no one game in particualar (in particular I am rather attached to Xiao). I just have been feeling that I need to cut back, and seemed that, having started only recently, and with DrZ, Sparky, Tonguez coming on board, and others wanting a spot, I could do so with the least disruption here.

I understand where you are coming from and have given it alot of thought. But I still think that this is the best thing to do.

Remove ads