[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Insight

Adventurer
I'm working on a Dragonborn Sorcerer from Amn. My initial thinking is that he's a thrill-seeker of some kind and going into a prison intended to hold arcanists would be a challenge that would interest him.

Theroc

First Post
I'm working on a Dragonborn Sorcerer from Amn. My initial thinking is that he's a thrill-seeker of some kind and going into a prison intended to hold arcanists would be a challenge that would interest him.

Insight, are you selecting the Dragon Magic powerset as well?

Theroc

First Post
Yeah, he's a Dragon Magic/Strength build with the feat that adds to his attack roll when he uses a power that matches his breath weapon type.

I guess if my Dragonborn Sorcerer doesn't do the strength thing, they might be different enough.

Otherwise, I can think up another idea or something

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
It has been a year since he left the Werewood. He had decided to leave as many members of his clan was thinking he was fool. There was that voice in his head he had been hearing since he can remember. It wasn't quite a person, but more the memory of one, the memory of many person, or maybe the memory of one who had live many lives. Things wasn't clear. But for the shifter he was, that wasn't normal. The others was following their instinct, himself was following the wisdom behind those memories.

So he always felt as an outcast, and one day, he has decided to leave his clan and travel south. The few people he could have called friend suggest him to travel to Baldur's Gate, but he was attracted to the south, to the kingdom of Amn. When he arrived to Athkatla, he was putting his eyes on the city for the first time, but the city seems to him so familiar. Each lives he had memories, they all came to this city, and they all died there. Every death came to his mind and he understood that he had reach his final destination.

So the first place he visited was a small chapel of Illmater. He knew exactly where it was, as many of his memories was from there. He found an old man, sick, who was attending to the chapel. The man told him there was very few followers of the Martyr god in this city, as no one was willing to die for their belief. People die here because of the gold. Because they lack it, because they want it, because they have it.

But in this foreign land, Cliff had to find a way of living. He was a warrior in his tribe, so he decided to earn his living as the only way he knew. He became guard for a merchant house. He was guarding some storage house during the night, taking advantage of his higher sense.

During months, his live was guard at night, sleeping at day and a visit at the chapel, talking with the old man an hour before leaving for work. But one day, all changed. He arrived at the chapel and found the old man dead. He died of his sickness. He mourned the man for an hour, also making sure someone would take proper care of his body. After that, he left the empty chapel to go to his work.

That same night, the storage room was attacked by a band of thugs and thieves. Probably the Shadow thieves. They had well prepared the hit and Cliff got seriously wounded. He was left dying. The wound was too serious for his regenerative power. He thought a moment that he was meeting the same faith as every live he had memories, but Illmater came to him. "Not yet child."

He awoke a week later, in his house. He never knew how he had awake there, but the first thing he did was go to the chapel. The chapel had been robbed, as no one was left to take care of it. So Cliff spend the day putting back the chapel into order, and establish himself in the room where was leaving the old man.

It is a month later that he saw the announcement as which the council of five was seeking people. For an unknown reason, he felt he had to go there. Also a clear image of Spellhold came into his mind. A memory of another life. Why it awoke at that moment? He decide to take a chance and follow his instinct. Maybe one day he will understand why he came here, why he is like that, or maybe he will just die one of the many death he remember.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Longtooth Shifter Ardent Paladin with the Deva Heritage feat. A reincarnation of a follower of Illmater, coming back to Amn every live, each time meeting his death. The reason of that faith is up to you.[/SBLOCK]

Insight

Adventurer
I guess if my Dragonborn Sorcerer doesn't do the strength thing, they might be different enough.

Otherwise, I can think up another idea or something

Well, I'm not exactly married to this idea. If you'd rather have the Dragonborn Sorcerer, I can certainly come up with something else. I don't think it'd be wise to have 2 of them in the group.

Velmont

First Post
A sorcerer can become a good Controller or a good striker. If both of you are willing to concentrate on those aspect, it could work, but I doubt if you each focus on an element you will end by having a controller and a striker.

Theroc

First Post
Well, I'm not exactly married to this idea. If you'd rather have the Dragonborn Sorcerer, I can certainly come up with something else. I don't think it'd be wise to have 2 of them in the group.

Well, I'd mentioned wanting a dragonborn sorcerer in my second post here, which was like post 4. I didn't want to make you change it though, if you really liked the idea.

Insight

Adventurer
Well, I'd mentioned wanting a dragonborn sorcerer in my second post here, which was like post 4. I didn't want to make you change it though, if you really liked the idea.

Nah, moving on to something else now.

After reading the FRCG and the FRPG entries on Amn and the surrounding areas, I have an idea for a Shaman coming from the Nelanther Isles, located off the Amnish coast. I figure he's a "reformed" pirate now looking for an "honest" life, although he never quite puts the former life he led behind him.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Nah, moving on to something else now.

After reading the FRCG and the FRPG entries on Amn and the surrounding areas, I have an idea for a Shaman coming from the Nethander Isles, located off the Amnish coast. I figure he's a "reformed" pirate now looking for an "honest" life, although he never quite puts the former life he led behind him.

Alrighty, sounds good.

By the way, Voda, when should we start statting up our PC's?

Remove ads