• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

BeaniBum

Explorer
I was gonna post my character at work, where I have access to a computer, but ENWorld was down at the time. Now I am on my phone, so I hope @creamstreak doesnt mind if I skip some basic details.

Ebhan Ayomane, Human (?) Merchant Rogue

Str 12(+1) Dex 16(+3) Con 12 (+1) Int 14 (+2) Wis 12 (+1) Cha 13 (+1)

AC 14 (Leather)
HP 9
Hit Dice 1 (1d8+1)

Attack
Shortsword +5 (1d6+3)
Off-Hand Shortsword (1d6)
Dagger +5 (1d4+3)
Sneak Attack +1d6

Skills
Acrobatics +5
Athletics +5 (Expert)
Insight +5 (Expert)
Investigation +4
Perception +3 (Passive 13)
Persuasion +3

Dex Saves +5
Int Saves +4

Thieves' Tools
Vehicles (Water)

Languages
(Gonna need some help, still not sure what human race would be best. @creamstreak must help!)
My native tongue, a trade language, and the local language

Equipment
Leathers
Shortswords (×2)
Daggers (×2)
Dungeoneer's Pack
Thieves' Tools
Merchant's Clothes
Guild Papers
15 gp

Background
Born in a cliffside fishing village, the son of a fisherman, Ebhan learned his father's trade. Uncontent with his family's meagre income, he would climb the high cliffs near his home to collect seabird's eggs from the nests there and sell them in the markets. This is where he met, and years later, married his wife, Abonny. She comes from a family of ropemakers. On marriage, Ebhan joined that clan, learning the trade (though hus skills are best used in trade deals). At some point he met Dhamion, and they became friends, sparring to improve Ebhan's meagre, but quickly improving, sword skills, and inventing maneuvers the could perform in tandem.
When Dhamion chose to return to his homeland, Ebhan convinced his wife and brother-in-law, Maycen, that Ashwell would be an excellent place to sell rope, and the four of them moved to Ashwell to work the market there.
But really, Ebhan plans to find treasure in the depths that will raise his family to greater status. That and help his friend.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Hey how old is your character just curious because dhamion is 35.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey how old is your character just curious because dhamion is 35.

Yeah, I kind of imagine him 7 or 8 years younger. I think he was pretty young when you met him. It's very possible you taught him most of the sword work he knows. He's a fast learner, and a spry guy. I expect you think you may make a competent combatant out of him some day...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ok that makes sense I could see that.

We could assume that your mentor's house is on the cliffs above my fishing village, and while he travelled a lot (aquiring you along the way) he eventually returned home as he grew old. Maybe I had some basic training from him before he died, and you took over mentorship from there.

I imagine that we moved to Ashwell a few months or even years ago, and my wife, brother-in-law, and myself have set up our rope selling in the market, while you and I have done research on where to begin looking for your sinkhole-house. To make ends meet, let's say my family employs you hauling the heavy stuff (ropes and raw materials) as a day job.

BeaniBum

Explorer
My character probably works part time for you but he also sings and plays his book for money because of his background.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

BeaniBum

Explorer
My character probably works part time for you but he also sings and plays his book for money because of his background.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads