[OOC] [D&D 3.5: FR] Silverdale

ghostcat

First Post
CM. Here is Izy's background. he comes from a small, mainly, halfling village somewhere in the dales. I don't have access to FRCS, so could someone give me a heads-up on regional feats.

Will repost the sheet and background, once I work out untrained skills.

[sblock=Background]Izy is not the same as most halflings. Nobody can quite say why. It maybe that his sense of is humour is a lot darker than normal. It maybe that he is so meticulous he almost appears to be obsessive. Whatever the reason, everyone agrees that he does not behave like an halfling.

As can be imagined, because he was seen as been different, the other children made Izy's childhood hell. As a consequent Izy left home as soon as possible and moved to Dagger Falls, where he found a job working for a private detective. While watching humans mate, was not particularly interesting, at least it put food on the tables. It was at this point that Izy's luck changed. It turned out that one of his clients was a senior member of the dalelands' government. Deciding that Izy had certain talents that were an almost perfect fit for a project he was recruiting, Izy found himself as the Chief Intelligence Officer for the new town of Silverdale. [/sblock]

OOC: Still not got my Internet connection back, so please bear with me.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Bannocker, corrected]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Bannocker Badgerfoot Twitterbug Handyhand Gnarlface
Lightypurse Gozz (Banny to his friends)
[B]Class:[/B] Wizard (Illusionist)
[B]Race:[/B] Gnome (Rock)
[B]Size:[/B] Small
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Garl Glittergold
[b]Region:[/b] Rock Gnome

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d4+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/-
[B]Int:[/B] 18 +4 (16p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 00
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +0        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +0
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 00%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +0    +1    +0    +0    11
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 11

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +3   +0     +3
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +0   +0     +0
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0   +1     +3

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Cudgel (club)             +1     1d4        x2-20
Dart                      +1     1d3        x2-20
Spell (melee touch)       +1     varies     x2-20
Spell (ranged touch)      +1     varies     x2-20

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnome, Chondathan, Draconic, Goblin, Iluskan

[B]Abilities:[/B] Low-Light Vision, Weapon Familiarity (gnome hooked hammer),
+2 vs. illusions, +1 to illusion DCs, +1 to attack kobolds and goblinoids,
+4 dodge bonus to AC vs. giants, 1/day-[I]speak with animals[/i] (burrowing
mammals only), [i]dancing lights[/i], [i]ghost sound[/i], [i]prestidigitation[/i]

[B]Feats:[/B] Discipline (regional), Scribe Scroll (bonus), Spell Focus (illusion)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 24       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2.0
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              4    +3   +2     +9
Craft (alchemy)            4    +4   +2     +10
Knowledge (arcana)         4    +4   +0     +8
Listen                     2.0  +0   +2     +4 (+6 when familiar within arms reach)
Spot                       2.0  +0   +0     +2 (+4 when familiar within arms reach)
Spellcraft                 4    +4   +0     +8

[B]Spells[/B] (Specialty: Illusion. Prohibited Schools: Conjuration, Evocation)
1st-level (3/day): [i]backbiter[/i] (DC 15), [i]color spray[/i] (DC 17),
[i]identify, nerveskitter, net of shadows*[/i] (DC 17), [i]reduce person,
silent image*[/]i (DC 17)
0-level (4/day): [i]acid splash, amanuensis, arcane mark, daze*[/i] (DC 14),
[i]detect poison, detect magic*, disrupt undead, ghost sound[/i] (DC 16),
[i]launch bolt, launch item, mage hand, mending, message, open/close,
prestidigitation, read magic*, repair minor damage, resistance, silent portal*,
stick, touch of fatigue[/i]
*prepared spell

[B]Equipment:                      Cost  Weight[/B]
scroll of [i]invisibility[/i]           0gp*   -
scroll of [i]mirror image[/i]           0gp*   -
spellbook (1st level)            0gp*   3lb
spellbook (0 level)             15gp    3lb
spell component pouch            5gp    2lb
backpack                         2gp  0.5lb
paper (10 sheets)                4gp    -
parchment (10 sheets)            2gp    -
scroll case (paper/parchment)    1gp  0.5lb
scroll case (magic scrolls)      1gp  0.5lb
cudgel                           0gp  1.5lb
5 darts                         25sp  1.3lb
scholar's outfit                 0gp* 1.5lb**
bedroll                          1sp  1.3lb
chalk (5 pieces)                 5cp    -
alchemist's fire (3)            60gp    3lb
clay tankard                     2cp    1lb
common lamp                      1sp    1lb
oil flask (2)                    2sp    2lb
flint and steel                  1gp    -
waterskin                        1gp    1lb
pieces of jade (4)              20gp    -
[B]Total Weight:[/B]21.7lb      [B]Money:[/B] 5gp 0sp 3cp
*bonus starting equipment
**does not count towards encumberance

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                24    49    75    75   375

[B]Age:[/B] 76
[B]Height:[/B] 3'6"
[B]Weight:[/B] 46 lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Light Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] White
[B]Skin:[/B] Fair/Rosy
Appearance: Bannocker is tall for a gnome, but a human wouldn't notice the difference. He is fairly round with a nice plump belly. He has a round nose, rosy cheeks, and a perpetual smile. His pointy ears are small and slight. His white hair is about shoulder-length, but he keeps it tied back and often under a bright orange hat. His beard is neatly trimmed short and low, shaved just above his jawline while still allowing a short mustache.

Background: Bannocker is the son of an alchemist from the small village of Rigilsly in Cormanthor. He took to the study of illusion at a very young age, finding he had a knack for it. He studied with a wizard in his village named Mortund, a human, who had traveled the Dalelands as a youth and settled as a hedge wizard in his old age. Bannocker was a useful apprentice, learning a thing or two about all kinds of magic before his master bade him adieu and went off to join Mystra in the great hereafter. He left Bannocker a set of spellbooks in his will which Bannocker treasures greatly, for they contain all the spells he has ever learned.

After Mortund died, Bannocker returned to studying alchemy with his father. He married a pretty gnome named Doosle with whom he had a pair of twins while apprenticing as an alchemist for his father. Bannocker has always had greater dreams than alchemy though. While he may have the nose for it, he wants to travel like his former master Mortund did, see the wider world, and gain a greater understand about all of Toril.

Bannocker prefers to fight by confounding his enemies with magic, as opposed to direct damage. He finds it more effective to fool his enemies than to simply kill them, which he leaves to war wizards. Because of his knack for illusion and great intellect, he is quite adept at using his spells to bewilder his enemies. His glamers and figments are quite convincing. He sees himself as a consummate craftsman, silled in both alchemy and illusion. He works very hard to make his spells believable replications of real life and takes a certain sort of pride in it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Questions]Could I just trade his proficiency with the dagger for proficiency with darts? I could throw daggers but I prefer the theme of darts. It just seems to fit a gnome better than daggers.

And is it really necessary for him to list every single skill, even if he doesn't have any modifier to it besides his ability score? I actually took ranks in everything he got a racial or feat bonus to. The vast majority of his skills are simply +0 since many of his abilities are only a 10. Do you really require me to list +0 for that stuff? It just seems like it clutters the sheet.

I was originally going to choose Dalelands as my region, but changed it to Rock Gnome and forgot to change my bonus item.

The note for the familiar is for when I get one, since I plan to have one as soon as I have the means.

Did what I can with the formatting. Let me know if it is easier to read.

His family is back in Rigilsly. He left them there to undertake this dangerous mission. They are safer there. It's a tiny forest community I imagine to be mostly humans, elves, and half-elves. I figure his family has served as the village's resident alchemists for ages, even serving the elves of Cormanthor back hundreds of years ago before the Retreat.[/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
airwalkrr, please post your character in the Rogue's Gallery. :D

Regarding your questions, darts vs dagger, I shall have to say "no." I'm a bit of a stick in the mud sometimes, sorry. As for the skills, that's fine. If there's any that have any modifiers beyond the relevant ability modifier, then list it, please. The formatting is much better, thanks. :D

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I changed the "darts" to dagger statistics, but for most practical purposes, he still considers them darts. I also got rid of the jade since I realized I didn't have the spell that required it anymore. Other than that there were no changes in the posting on the RG.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I'll be starting the IC thread on Monday (July 12th). Character corrections should be done and final character sheets posted in the Rogue's Gallery by then.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I have a question for our illustrious DM. Are our characters expected to know each other at the outset of the campaign or are we merely acquaintances? In other words, should I read everyones' backgrounds in detail so that I know them well or have our characters just been introduced?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Most of you will be strangers just arriving in Silverdale. If any of you share the same Region, feel free to link your characters in some fashion, or not, as you choose. Just let me know if you're going to do so.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have a somewhat better history/ background. I just need to transcribe from paper/pen to digital. I will work on it in the AM to make sure i type with accuracy!

Remove ads