OOC - [d20 Cthulhu - Fathers]

Valkys

First Post
So this is our own little OOC thread. Hooray for us.

Shalimar: You should reroll.

Ash: Either concept is good. I wouldn't be averse to two PI's, so long as the concepts aren't identical.

Osis: The dead father trust fund thing, every one has to use that or is it an example? Everyone has it. As the campaign name may indicate, your fathers' lives will figure importantly. I'd also like everyone to explain their relationship to their Dad. Love, hate, competition, etc.

I'll probably use the optional defense, but that's not final yet.

Tay-dor: Well, with Psychoanalysis and proper medical treatment, a character might expect to make it to oh... second level? And not everything has to be Mythos related. You've got to cut your teeth on rat-things before you deal with the Dunwich Horror after all.

All: So far, I have Ash, Sir Osis, Shalimar, and Tay-dor from the WoT game, correct?

Last edited:

dscrank

First Post
I still haven't decided whether I want to play or not, but I went ahead and rolled up a character. Not very impressive scores, though: 8,8,11,13,14,13.

In terms of character concept, I'm thinking a Professor of Archeology. Definitely not the Indiana Jones type, though. A bit of a weakling, and with a pronounced stutter. I'd make him brilliant, but the ability scores only allow for kind of bright.

Valkys

First Post
Well, all I can say is ouch. We're getting some good scores and some bad.

Ashrem and Shalimar: I didn't get copies of your dice rolls from the server. Shalimar, when you reroll, make sure my email address kavyk@angelfire is there. Ashrem, if you could forward me the entire email?

Rolls: The random element in rolling makes things interesting, but I won't accept it if it makes things unusually difficult or puts a character at an extreme disadvantage. In CoC, dscrank's scores could do that. So, if you'd like, you may take the basic iconic scores: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15. I think that's a fair way to keep things relatively even. Just because characters are likely to die on their first adventure doesn't mean I want you to feel like your stats were the reason.

Languages: Since you'll have your Intelligence score when you write your background, please include languages you speak. 1 additional language per point of Int modifier.

Last edited:

Sharral Blake

Sharral Blake is five foot four, blonde and very blue eyed. She is the very Image of WASP breeding, and if you did not know her, you might be inclined to call her the Ice Princess. She has been raised to rely on herself and to value learning and knowledge.

Her Mother was an ambassador with the American embassy in Britain, her father Jerome Blake a citizen of the British Empire. Whatever job he had, her father traveled often, gone for weeks at a time. He died in 1995, away on a business trip. Even though we never lived above our means there was a trust fund set up for me and Mother, which passed solely to me when she died two years ago.

She was the light of her fathers life, and he was the center of hers. She loved him very deeply. He was the center of her life when she was a child, always encouraging her. She would do anything to not disappoint him. She misses him, and although it might be childish to wish he could come back to her, she always has a catch in her throat every time she sees anyone who looks like him, wondering if its really him.

She has sung in bands for the past few years, and is hoping to make it big as a Pop-star, but as she was taught to value knowledge, she is also attending college to get the certification to become a social worker or possibly work at an Embassy as her mother did before she died.

She can act very prim and proper when the situation warrants it, having attended Embassy functions for most of her life. However, she is very energetic and passionate pouring herself into her music, and her relationships when the situation is more relaxed, or when she is with her friends. Some times she is very Naive, and at other times she can

At college she is a straight A student who is very studious and friendly with her teachers, at least when their isn’t a party going on, or a new band performing that she just has to hear. She is going for a minor in Myths and Legends and uses the more interesting ones as inspiration for her songs. Her curiosity in Myths and Legends started when she was a child and her father used to tell them to her as bed time stories. She has continued learning about them as a remembrance of him.

A year ago as a freshman she was raped at a party. She refuses to let it change her life style though, she will not stop doing what she loves doing. It was very traumatic, and sometimes she still can be down and depressed about it. she is being a bit more cautious however, she knows she is not a very strong person, but a pistol is a great equalizer. She is still at the magic talisman stage of pistols, if you wave it, they have to do what you say, your the one with the gun. As tall as she is, she has small hands makig most pistols to large to be comfortable, the largest size pistol she can grip is a 9mm, and not all of those. She uses a firestar 9mm(or other small pistol), a smaller version of a glock, and carries it in one of those cute mini-backpacks.

This is her current stats
07(-2) Strength
12(+1) Dexterity
10(+0) Constitution
11(+0) Intelligence
10(+0) Wisdom
18(+4) Charisma

I don't have the book s you will have to pick skills, for feats you pick, skill emphasis (perform) should be in there, weapon proficiency with a pistol, if she has an open feat slot.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I emailed my stats to you Valkys.

Will be tomarrow at the earliest before my character is done.

Jain, do you want me to use another concept other than detective?

We could be partners. :D

Seriosly though, you've got first dibs on the detective idea, so if you want, I'll go another direction. Not a problem with me. I've already got three concepts to consider.

Detective
Desert Storm Vet
Creepy occult guy.

Also, isn't there a way you can play psychic characters? How? Feats?

Last edited:

OK, horribaly busy day and it looks like the work monsters comin for me monday. The good news is, that has no impact on my joining the game, other than i won't be able to make a character entill tomarrow. Fortunatly it also gives time for more questions.:D

Is there any restriction on where we come from? I want to us Boston for my character FYI.

Is there anything in the book we're not allowed to have? Equiptment, skills, feats, ect.

Should we setup a rogues gallery thread,put our charaters up here, other?

Oh, yeah Enforcer said he was in.

GAME ON!!:D

Jain, do you want me to use another concept other than detective?

I'm pretty sure if you play a detective, it won't be a clone of mine. Really, i don't mind if you do or don't, but honostly it's pretty locked in for me and i don't think i'm going to budge.:D

Tay-Dor

First Post
Well...I am going to buy the d20 rules this weekend. So I'll try to have a character ready by next friday. I saw the Sensitive feat on the WOTC page and I'm thinking about running a psychic of some sort.

So unless someone's called it yet, which I don't think anyone has, I have dibs on a psychic.

Here are my rolls:

2 5 2 2 = 9 (+0)
4 5 3 6 = 15 (+2)
4 6 3 3 = 13 (+1)
5 4 4 4 = 13 (+1)
4 4 5 6 = 15 (+2)
3 2 3 2 = 8 (-1)

hmm...playable. :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Thats fine Osis, I don't want you to change. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I just wanted to clear it with you.

Should get the rules monday or so. *Fingers crossed*

Tomas-> I already asked about the psychic stuff. Not sure I want to use it or not though. Don't know anything about it. :(

I'm bouncing around so many consepts it's scarey.

Valkys

First Post
I've read over the psychic feats of course, and I don't find them to be all that great. They also all require Cha 15+. And there isn't a psychic class, just offense mode and defense mode.

Offense has 1 good save and 2 bad saves, but uses the Rogue BAB progression. Defense uses the wizard BAB progression, but has two good saves. Everyone gets 8 skill points per level plus Int modifier and 2 starting feats.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Unless you're planning to DM it, there really isn't a reason to buy the CoC d20 rules.

Osis:
No restrictions on where you're from. I'll try to give you a city where you will be tomorrow. A university campus is not unreasonable.

As for what you aren't allowed to have... you shouldn't own anything illegal. Firearms require permits, so you should run anything like that by me so I can determine whether you can obtain a permit.

And I'd like to see all of the characters and okay them before we set up the Rogue's Gallery Thread.

Character creation isn't all that tough, so I don't mind doing it for those without books. I don't want this game to cost anyone $39.95 ... That said, it is your money.

Remove ads