• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - [d20 Cthulhu - Fathers]

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Ok. I've got the concept. He is a :parapsychology Student / Occult Bookstore Owner / Psychic Investigator (for hire) :)

I took the Sensitive feat. What other psychic feats can I take at 1st level?

Valkys

First Post
Psychic Feats aren't level dependent. You can take any of those listed, except Mind Probe(which requires Mind Reading).

Are you offense or defense?

Offense gets a free Weapon Prof Feat, has one good save and advances to +15 attack.
Defense advances to +10 attack, get +2 Def, and has two good saves.

BTW, I'd have preferred if you'd have emailed me that, or posted it in the Rogue's Gallery thread. But no worries. I have a copy of it nonetheless. ;)

I'll email you starting money and income.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Oops. I'll edit it and send it to the Rogue's Gallery.

I'm going Offense. He is pretty active as an investigator and is learning to use a weapon "just-in-case".

What are the free weapon Profs I can choose from?

Can you tell me about:

Sensitive?

Psychometry?

Psychokinesis?

Valkys

First Post
Sensitive allows me to give you vague glimpses or feelings of things. It's really an IC sort of thing, but a prereq for all Pyschic Feats.

Psychometry deals with reading objects and events or people associated in the past.

Psychokinesis is moving objects with your mind.

However, the episode with the missing girl suggests Remote Viewing as a more likely Feat. This deals with, surprise, viewing locations without having to visit them.

If the episode worked properly, Pyschometry might have provided the right information... but less likely than Remote Viewing.

Weapon Profs: Melee(bats, swords, knives), Thrown(thrwoing knives, grenades), Pistols, Rifles(automatic rifles included), Shotguns, Submachineguns

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Oh. I know what they are, I was looking for stats and stuff.

Example: How much weight can you lift with Psychokinesis?

Your last post did help though. I'm thinking that the Sensitive feat might be enough to justify him finding the girl. He used mundane means as well.

Also, what are the Psychic Focus and Spellcraft (I know what it does in D&D) skills for? Can you start knowing a few spells?

I hope to get the book soon. All the local game shops are out until Thursday or Friday.

Thanks for answering all these man. :cool:

Valkys

First Post
I missed something in my 18 years in Decatur/Hsv. There are game shops? There was one on South Parkway, but it went out of Business, I thought.

I sent you an email. To the hiwaay adress. You should read it.
Spellcraft allows you to identify spells being cast, in effect, etc. just like D&D.l

Psychic Focus applies as a bonus to Pyschic Feat DCs.

Can live 5 lbs. with Pyschokinesis.

Range on the rest is unlimited, though DCs increase.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
We've got two.

Bookmark and Dr. Bob's. Both on South Parkway. Within a half mile of each other actually.

I''ll be getting the email tonight. Thanks.

5lbs. the most you can ever lift with Psychokinesis?

Also, Can I get stats for this: http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/civilian/usp45.html

Added laser targetting and nightsights. What does that do and how much will one of these cost?

My character loved movies like The Crow and Desperado and so now has a thing for dual wielding two pistols. :D

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
5 lbs is it. No more. But you can do things that require some dexterity, like open doors up to 30 feet away or move objects up to feet a round.

9mm 1d10, x3 crit $600
.40 S&W 1d10, x3 crit $575.00
.45 ACP 2d8, x3 crit $575.00

Laser gunsight: $124.95
x6 telescopic/night vision sight: $3229.95 (not a typo)
sound suppressor(illegal): $800.00

Ashrem: Never even heard of Dr. Bob's. But Bookmark used to be Book Villa, I think. I thought they closed, but I'm glad they didn't.

Tay-dor: Those skills look fine. They fit the concept well. Something between a Dilettante and a Criminal. I'd like to know how old Antonio is and what his current whereabouts and doings are. Starting Money: $48,000 Income: $60,000/yr

I now have the following characters:

Sharral Blake (Shalimar)
Peter Octavian (Sir Osis)
Shane McDonald (dscrank)
Antonio Calavichi (Tay-dor)
Xander Cross (Ashrem)

Was Enforcer interested or no? I must assume no, since I've gotten nothing from him. The majority are over 75% complete, so I guess we're pretty much ready to begin.

I got your E-mails, Valkys and all that is fine with me.

BTW have you decided how you will handle spells? I.E. weather or not anyone can have some to start, i asked in the e-mail with my character but you didn't say and since Ashrem asked too...

When did you want to start?

Remove ads