[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
What are your chances of blasting apart the turret protecting their spellcaster? I can barely affect it, since it has resist 5 all, and my max damage with a thrown dagger is 7. Even if I can close to hack away at it, I'm little better with a max of 10.

Son of Meepo

First Post
I can only deal 5-10 damage with my at-wills. I can deal more with my encounter powers as I add the number of targets to my damage rolls, but those are all close attacks.

Neil1889

First Post
I was wondering if we could get the hook off and then maybe deal with the pirates to let the prisoners go in exchange for not blowing them out of the water whilst they were relative sitting ducks.

Not that Rain is a diplomat at all, mind, and getting in close will receive her support, but I think it's a hard one. Perhaps I should mark the Shugenja with Aegis of Shielding?

jbear

First Post
Cannons vs Shugenja Tower is fair game-

Cannons taking out cannons is fair game too-

The crew won't surrender til both first mate and captain are bloodied.

treex

First Post
By the way guise (um, and girls? are there any gals here?) I'm having some mixed feelings about this skill challenge. In terms of having move actions and no map, I mean. I really like the fact that we can just state where want to go and we just head there, as long as it was reasonable. But, having no map means no point of reference, for example the positions of the junk ship in relation to us.

Also, I just had a thought, is the grappling hook rope tensed or laxed? I'm assuming laxed until otherwise noted. (I'm asking because I wanted to run across the rope like a NINJA щ(゚Д゚щ))

But yeah :D Enjoying this except that I've been having some guilt over my slow posting (I fell ill)

Daeja

Explorer
I would think the rope is tense because they're trying to pull into us, right?

And *raises hand* I'm a girl, just for clarity's sake :)

jbear

First Post
By the way guise (um, and girls? are there any gals here?) I'm having some mixed feelings about this skill challenge. In terms of having move actions and no map, I mean. I really like the fact that we can just state where want to go and we just head there, as long as it was reasonable. But, having no map means no point of reference, for example the positions of the junk ship in relation to us.

Also, I just had a thought, is the grappling hook rope tensed or laxed? I'm assuming laxed until otherwise noted. (I'm asking because I wanted to run across the rope like a NINJA щ(゚Д゚щ))

But yeah :D Enjoying this except that I've been having some guilt over my slow posting (I fell ill)
I'd apologise for your lack of imagination and need for a map as a point of reference to decide what your PC can and can't do, but really that is your own problem, not mine.

I don't think I have imposed move action limitations on anyone at any stage of the challenge. Those that have done so, have done so by their own choice. To be honest I hadn't even imagined the cannons being downstairs at all. That was something the players imagined and I ran with. You may have noticed I've actually run with all the ideas proposed. SO I fail to see where you mixed feelings come from.

If you want to run over the rope like a ninja, why didn't you ... you know ... run over the rope like a ninja?

The rope of the grappling hook is tensed completely, otherwise it would be a simple matter to unhook it.

The boats are close, side on to each other, appx. 10 squares away from each other, joined by a thick rope. The junk is badly damaged. The Dolphin has taken some serious damage but is sill functional. If you win the nature roll, the Dolphin will veer in and bring the boats side by side. What else do you need to know?

The mechanics are all there to beat the skill challenge. The narrative is as much in your hands as it is in mine, with the caveat that I may put a 'but' on your ideas if I judge it necessary.

If you are referring to boarding the ship: The ship is swarming with enemies. If you go onto the deck you are surrounded, hence the difficulty to move. Slicing through them will make them move away helping you get closer. Otherwise you need to pull off a stunt (please feel free to use your imagination), otherwise it's slow going. Imagine the entire deck of the enemy boat as a kind of swarm.

Also, please keep in mind that I included this challenge in the adventure for your sole benefit as you were whining about the adventure not being sea based. Some gratitude would be appreciated. Your complaints are highly annoying. I certainly won't be including anything else in the adventure for your benefit.

Last edited:

treex

First Post
I'm sorry if I seemed like I was complaining :( I was just...making a comment. I didn't use the rope cause the helm was unmanned and that was a choice. I was just a little curious and I thought a graphical point of reference would answer questions that I wouldn't have to ask.

Also I am very grateful for what you've done for me as well as the level of intricacy, detail and thought that you've invested into this.

I meant no offense, nor did I intend complain or imply that you need to fi anything.

EDIT: I googled "mixed feelings" and I think my intent may have been lost in translation, and I should not have used it, perhaps. Again, if it helps, please know that I sincerely apologize for any unseemly behavior that I have shown.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Cool. Apology accepted. I guess it is always good to remember when you play these things that someone's time and effort behind it all making it happen. If you have concerns or there is something you are unsure of, please feel free to ask for clarification. Just do it in a polite and friendly way and I'll be more than happy to help clarify.

Remove ads