[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
What is everyones thoughts for this round?

Those damn Yakuza gave as good as they got!

Do you want to go first in Round 2? I can judge then whether or not it is worth Rain finishing off your firing or reloading, or maybe even rushing upstairs if necessary, though I think we've got at least one more round of chances to unhook the grapple left.

treex

First Post
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: Hoo boy, I hope that dead guy isn't well...dead yet.

>sees them waving their hands
"We do not negotiate with pirates, FIRE AT WILL!"

That's what I saw in my theater of the mind ^^"

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
If they have hostages, don't we now *want* to let them close enough to board?

Mind you it would be ideal if the Captain, First Mate, and Shugenja were already overboard when we do so :p

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION] Hostages are on board the ship currently hooking you :)

So yes, in a way, it is advantageous for you to close the distance between you if you are going to try a rescue. At the moment the only attachment is that one rope stretching 50 ft of sea between the two boats.

treex

First Post
Awesome, now Themes can hold onto it and cut through it then swing over like Spiderman and Tarzan's love child. And somersault through the air onto the deck. I assume that would be an Acrobatics check?

EDIT: What's the angle of the rope from our ship to theirs? I'm hoping it's steep, that way I can swing around the bow and land on their deck from the other side.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Awesome, now Themes can hold onto it and cut through it then swing over like Spiderman and Tarzan's love child. And somersault through the air onto the deck. I assume that would be an Acrobatics check?

EDIT: What's the angle of the rope from our ship to theirs? I'm hoping it's steep, that way I can swing around the bow and land on their deck from the other side.
Hehe ... while I enjoy the image you paint ... what would you be holding the rope with if you are doing a double attack, having a sword in each hand.

And don't say your mouth.

Acrobatics, yes, I'd say it would be. But it will require a set up from your fellow crew mates, at teh very least to cut the rope for you when Themes is in position and prepared to hold onto the rope. If you are doing that with one arm I'll probably have an athletics check as well to hold onto the rope when it pings back towards the ship. The acro will be to take advantage of the propulsion. The boats are actually on the same level as far as I can imagine. You might need some help from your controller getting creative to change that.

I'll be posting up the end of round 2 and the beginning of round 3 after I get home from work (soonish). That might affect your decision once you read through what you need to do to effect the rescue.

Standard norms to D&D apply, even though this is a skill challenge. And what is the first and foremost rule of solid player tactics in D&D? ;) But, again ... go for whatever you like, I say! (The rule of Cool may get you to the boat ... it's what happens after that which I'd be a little concerned about :D)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I really like the idea of using one of our cannons to blast the Shugenja. Anyone else think that would be grand? It's not something my character would suggest or do, however, so I'm just throwing it out there.

Another nice push might end the threat of the captain and/or first mate. Failing that, I could perhaps daze one of them again with a dagger strike, but I would have to roll pretty well (they're at long range for me).

If we want to storm the deck, I'm in, but I'm not going alone :)

Son of Meepo

First Post
All the push powers I have left are close blasts, so using them would require getting closer to the junk. I can continue to blast away with lightning from this distance however.

Remove ads