• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
As per my post in the adventure thread, and given the way the discussion is headed, I've come up with some alternatives in the same level range (1-5);

To keep it a neck slot and minimize retconning:
Healer's Brooch or Brooch of No Regrets are nice for me as a leader, while a (refluffed) Cloak of Distortion would be nice for my defences. An Amulet of Seduction would be super-awesome, but at level 5, might be pushing it for balance. I also really liked the Earthmother Torc in the event that this adventure involves shapeshifters as I suspect it does (don't worry, I didn't cheat). I also liked the flavour of the Vistani Eye Amulet, but its powers are absolute garbage, except in some very narrow circumstances.

For future reference, a Vanguard Dagger or Shortsword would be on my short list.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Okay, well if you want to be charging, what about the Badge of the Berserker? I'll have a look and change things around.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I was angling toward bringing up my damage :)

Badge of the Berserker is decent, but not as much on my radar, even though charop loves the heck out of it. :)

You're the DM though ;)

jbear

First Post
A few questions:
[MENTION=98255]Nemesis Destiny[/MENTION]
Is there a reason you are going with Short Sword and not Longsword or a Rapier?

I wanted to get some of the lower level items of treasure distribution ticked off the list first. I don't want to give you items that you don't really want. So I'm going to go with you wanting to increase dmg and leave the amulet of seduction as a later prize.
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] Can you link me to the work you did on expected wealth levels per level so I can work out what I should be distributing to each PC per level fairly. I tried to find it but my google fu failed me. That would be really really helpful for me! Cheers!

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
A few questions:
@Nemesis Destiny
Is there a reason you are going with Short Sword and not Longsword or a Rapier?
Didn't want to burn a feat on the rapier, and I wanted to stick with all light blades for flavour and feat synergy (Light Blade Expertise at some point).

I wanted to get some of the lower level items of treasure distribution ticked off the list first. I don't want to give you items that you don't really want. So I'm going to go with you wanting to increase dmg and leave the amulet of seduction as a later prize.
That's fair :)

Neil1889

First Post
I've updated Rain's character sheet somewhat; in addition to adding the spiffy magical leather armour, I've created links to those occasions when XP has been awarded (four times so far) and I think I've tracked the two instances to date when jbear's noted the accruing time gold (presumably that's to be *found* later at some point).

jbear

First Post
I've updated Rain's character sheet somewhat; in addition to adding the spiffy magical leather armour, I've created links to those occasions when XP has been awarded (four times so far) and I think I've tracked the two instances to date when jbear's noted the accruing time gold (presumably that's to be *found* later at some point).
I will do a summary when you guys actually level each time and a final adventure summary when we finish so you don't have to link so many rewards on your sheet.

Daeja

Explorer
I'm out for another 24 hours - sorry about my lack of responses. My daughter's second birthday was on Friday and we're having the party today.... Will be back tomorrow!

Remove ads