[OOC DISCUSSION] Daunton's Dead Past. DM: FourMonos

FourMonos

First Post
also, since you guys know lots of stuff, if I want to change a creatures level, say a level 4 lurker to a level 7 lurker, how much does the AC, HP, ect go up each level? Is there a website for that stuff?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I can't remember any other rolling sites off the top of my head, but I'm sure I've heard of one recently. I'll do some digging and see if I can find it again.

Leveling monsters - I believe that defenses generally increase 1 point per level, but I hp/level varies by role and I don't remember. I'll have a look in my books tonight if no one else gets you the details before then.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I believe that D&D Insider's Adventure Builder is still available. It helps a little with that, but it's only a starting point.

The 4E DMG has the following advice for lurkers:

IM: Level DexMod+4
HP: 6+Con+LevelX6
AC: Level+14
Other Defenses: Level+12
Attack vs. AC: Level+5
Attack vs. Other Defenses: Level+3

These stats usually work until about 12th level or so, and then they start needing a little doctoring depending on the party and the desired challenge.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As for dice rollers, there's one called "Unseen Servant" (unseenservant.com) that looks pretty good. It allows you to insert character-specific info and track your rolls relative to the campaign they're in. It's a little more tricked out than IC, but it looks just as secure/unbreakable. I haven't fully tested it yet, but that's my impression so far.

Update: Unfortunately, US is a competing PbP forum, and you can only track campaigns that are being posted there (at least I haven't found a way to get around that). Other than that, though, it's a pretty solid platform.

Example link:
Test Comment: 1d20+12=14, Test Damage Comment: 1d12+7=16

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
You really should do it in some outside text editor :) with autosave feature...

Keep working, stay strong, we're 100% percent behind you ;)

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
You really should do it in some outside text editor :) with autosave feature... :)
Yeah. At the very least, do a select-all and copy before refreshing/previewing/posting in case it gets gobbled. That way you can paste it into either a new post or an outside text editor to save.

Anyway, that's unfortunate frustration. But persevere! We eagerly await your update, it will be worth it! :)

FourMonos

First Post
Yeah. At the very least, do a select-all and copy before refreshing/previewing/posting in case it gets gobbled. That way you can paste it into either a new post or an outside text editor to save.

Anyway, that's unfortunate frustration. But persevere! We eagerly await your update, it will be worth it! :)

I usually do that, but with been busy at work, forgot to copy and save it :.-(
I'm going to try and get it done today.

Also! I'm out next week on spring break!!

So you guys can get your posts and beholder bashing in while I'm gone.

Remove ads