• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

HandofMystra

First Post
Into the sandbox!

Hi Everyone,
I just got an invite from Ryan and am more closely reading the thread! I got antsy to post so I have not finsihed reading the thread. I am strongly pulled toward a half-elf druid (probably of the guardian flavor - so controller/leader) with the Bastard background. He is a diplomatic druid. He sees the coming of civilization in the Stolen Lands as an inevitable thing and knows abit about them already (I hope that this will be reflected by ranks in Nature). He has been tasked somehow (I am a L4W noob and could use some help here as to how he was tasked) to become important in the "taming" of the Stolen Lands so that he can keep it a place that welcomes the Fey to whatever extent he can. I could use suggestions for my build (in general - I am mostly a 3.5/PFRPGer) in my half-elf language choice and cross-class encounter power.

Scotley

Hero
Hi Everyone,
I just got an invite from Ryan and am more closely reading the thread! I got antsy to post so I have not finished reading the thread. I am strongly pulled toward a half-elf druid (probably of the guardian flavor - so controller/leader) with the Bastard background. He is a diplomatic druid. He sees the coming of civilization in the Stolen Lands as an inevitable thing and knows a bit about them already (I hope that this will be reflected by ranks in Nature). He has been tasked somehow (I am a L4W noob and could use some help here as to how he was tasked) to become important in the "taming" of the Stolen Lands so that he can keep it a place that welcomes the Fey to whatever extent he can. I could use suggestions for my build (in general - I am mostly a 3.5/PFRPGer) in my half-elf language choice and cross-class encounter power.

Welcome to the madness! As a relative 4e noob and complete L4W noob, I can't offer more than moral support, but there are some wonderfully knowledgeable and helpful fellows lurking about this thread to whom I am most grateful. Hope they'll continue to lend a helping hand.

Sounds like an interesting character. We need someone with a cause to balance my rather mercenary character. I wouldn't worry too much about reading the whole thread. We tend to be a chatty off topic bunch. I expect there are complete pages of posts that have nothing to do with the game.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Hi Everyone,
I just got an invite from Ryan and am more closely reading the thread! I got antsy to post so I have not finsihed reading the thread. I am strongly pulled toward a half-elf druid (probably of the guardian flavor - so controller/leader) with the Bastard background. He is a diplomatic druid. He sees the coming of civilization in the Stolen Lands as an inevitable thing and knows abit about them already (I hope that this will be reflected by ranks in Nature). He has been tasked somehow (I am a L4W noob and could use some help here as to how he was tasked) to become important in the "taming" of the Stolen Lands so that he can keep it a place that welcomes the Fey to whatever extent he can. I could use suggestions for my build (in general - I am mostly a 3.5/PFRPGer) in my half-elf language choice and cross-class encounter power.

Well, I be happy to help you with anything you need, as I have said to all the other guys in this thread

[sblock=How about this?]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Yrjeh, level 1
Half-Elf, Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Guardian
Background: Elf - Fey Ally (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 18, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 14 Reflex: 11 Will: 15
HP: 30 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +9, Diplomacy +8, Perception +9, Insight +13

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff +1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +3, Heal +4, History, Intimidate +1, Religion, Stealth -2, Streetwise +1, Thievery -2, Athletics -1

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Half-Elf Spirit Speaker

POWERS
Dilettante: Visions of Blood
Druid at-will 1: Flame Seed
Druid at-will 1: Thorn Whip
Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid encounter 1: Twisting Vines
Druid daily 1: Fires of Life

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Hide Armor, Quarterstaff, Adventurer's Kit, Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Create Campsite

[/sblock]

Ozy79

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
r1: Are you doing an L4W game outside of L4W? I'm a bit confused. And hurt. And sad. And hungry. Maybe jetlagged. ;)

Congrats on the promotion.

Scotley

Hero
Yes, congrats R. It really is handy having a blackberry and communicating with the boss via text and email rather than having to go in person or even talk on the phone. But it does mean being in touch even when you'd rather not be.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sounds like an interesting character. We need someone with a cause to balance my rather mercenary character.

Ruarc's cause is the elimination of bandits in the Stolen Lands. Sounds like he might have fallen in with some folks who 'skirt the line.' Should make for some interesting role play . . . :eek::cool:

renau1g

First Post
r1: Are you doing an L4W game outside of L4W? I'm a bit confused. And hurt. And sad. And hungry. Maybe jetlagged. ;)

Congrats on the promotion.

Thanks all.

I will be running it in L4W, but the idea for this came from Mowgli. I started talking about it in his OOC thread and rather than derail things there (which happens anyways thanks to Leif :p) I set this up.

Ahhh....besides you're all full up on PC's as it is :)

Remove ads