OOC: Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Dalamar

Adventurer
So what ethnicity would people suggest for a human woman who is a thief dabbling in magic? I myself don't really know much about GH, so somebody needs to provide me with a bit of background info here.

Pyrex

First Post
Endur said:
Unearthed Arcana has a Red Dragon Bloodline, if you are interested in using that as your splatbook rule.

Another option (if it counts as one rule anyway :)) is the 'Draconic Heritage' chain of feats from Complete Arcane.

And having narrowed it down, I think I'm going to go with a Dwarf Ftr. Good thing we have some time yet, it'll take a while to come up with a 5-generation family tree.

Endur, do you want a whole tree or will the branch through paternal great-great-great-grandfather do?

Endur

First Post
Pyrex said:
Endur, do you want a whole tree or will the branch through paternal great-great-great-grandfather do?

A whole tree for at least three generations. The fourth and fifth generations don't have to be a whole tree.

I couldn't find a site that had background on the different human races of Greyhawk.
List of different human races
Bakluni
Flan
Oerid
Rhenne
Suel

Most humans in Greyhawk are probably Suel-Oerdian mix.

The Suel and the Baklunish fought a famous war 1000 years ago and nearly destroyed the world.

The Suel tend towards blondes/albinos. The Suel Empire, 1000 years ago, were demon-worshippers. There is an evil Suel-only secret society of monks called the Scarlet Brotherhood that wants to bring the Suel Empire back.

The Baklunish culture has an arabic style to it. The Baklunish tried to invade the Flannaes recently, so they are quite unpopular right now (popularity up there with orcs and goblins).

The Flan worshipped the old faith, with Druids and Bards playing a central role (think celts). Vecna was Flan. There have not been any Flan wizards since Vecna.

The Rhenne are River-based Gypsies.

The Oeridians were the nice guys that made friends with everyone.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Endur said:
Thanee: The Rhenee Sorceress that is a descendent of a Red Dragon sounds great. I don't want to modify the sorcerer class. With regards to Bloodline of Fire, I'd prefer something that was not a FR regional feat (because this is GH not FR).

Alright, didn't really expect so (mostly because it is a regional feat :)).

Unearthed Arcana has a Red Dragon Bloodline, if you are interested in using that as your splatbook rule.

Looked it up, but that doesn't look useful at all for a sorcerer. ;)

I will probably just have to go with the "mentioning it in the background only" route as an explanation for her sorcerous powers with no noticeable ingame effect.

Will think about that some more... when would you want the characters finished?

Also, did you have a specific Dragon in mind, or do I get to pick?

You could (you also do not need to tell me, since she doesn't know herself), but that would hardly make a difference, supposedly. Tho you never know, of course. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Xael said:
... or *drums* a Wizard.

You mean, like, for a change? :p

Speaking of change...

Endur, would you have any problems with the Warlock class (from Complete Arcane)?

That would make for a rather unusual talent as well, which could certainly be inherited from a dragon ancestor, too.

And I'd actually like to try that class eventually... :)

Bye
Thanee

Xael

First Post
Thanee said:
You mean, like, for a change? :p

Don't tempt me! That point-buy is seriously pushing me towards playing a wizard... Nggh, can't decide.

...You know, only 4 out of 6 of my characters here are wizards, one more couldn't hurt.

...And the party doesn't seem to have a full arcane caster anyway (Warlock doesn't count).

...Dalamar actually asked me to play a wizard.

...Aww, goddamnit. A wizard.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
I'm looking at the Enspell Familiar feat from an old Dragon as my splat-book pick; it extends the range of the Share Spells class feature from 5 feet to one mile. Is that acceptable?

Remove ads