• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Fiend's Embrace - D&D One-Shot Adventure

Malvoisin

First Post
hafrogman said:
noted HP for Gunk and Mortimer

Added size bonus to attack

Added Hide entry to skills, noted +4 bonus

Added Mount and Endure Elements to Spellbook

Edited typos

You were wrong about 33 points being spent. Speak Language is cross class, 2 points per language. Thus 28 skill points, plus 5 additional languages = 38 points, still 4 short though. So I bought Abyssal and Infernal. I assumed, since it is not a ranked based system, that the cost is doubled, but it is not limited based on max ranks.

Okay, I missed that cross-class thing. Well, that settles it! Everything looks good now, and Gunk is officially approved! :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Okay, the newest IC post is up, and ready to your responses. hafrogman, please go ahead and have Gunk approach the group now, and we'll get him integrated in short order. Everyone else, please role-play your responses to Arakk and the situation in general.

Off we go! :)

Malvoisin

First Post
All right, as promised, the journey has begun! Please feel free to embellish the start of the quest with as much role-playing as you'd like.

Before you get any further into the Cold Marshes, there is some information needed.

First, I need to know what will be roughly the party's marching order through the marshes.

Second, I need to know who will be party's 'navigator.' This is necessary because I will have to make Survival skill checks for that character to keep the group on course as they traverse the marsh. Since it is a trackless swamp, getting lost is a possibility, although it helps to have the map.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk will not be the fearless leader, he'll hide somewhere in the middle of the group. Gunk will not be navigating. . . not unless you all want to get lost =)

That said, as a player, I suggest that Harval navigates (only one with survival), and leads. Next up Idivien for his spot/listen skills. Then squishy Gunk in the middle, with Gnro and Aeligim as rear guards.

H . I . Gu . Gn . A

Then we should be all set, assuming that we can keep our navigator sober.

Malvoisin

First Post
@Land Outcast,

Hey, I just noticed that Idivien has a longbow, but no arrows. I also think he should have 102.8 gp left (based on the initial allowable total of 5500 gp of equipment), so if you want him to retroactively buy some arrows that's fine with me.

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
BTW, I am assuming the party is heading initially for Zarlag's Hut, as initially proposed by Voadam/Aeligim.

Hopefully, Harval is up to the ask of getting them there.... :)

Malvoisin

First Post
Hey all,

Today is pretty busy for me, so I may not be able to get the next turn up until tomorrow.

*Leaves to consult wandering monster tables....*

;)

Malvoisin

First Post
And, by 'tomorrow', of course, I meant 'Monday.' Sorry.

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon on the phone with tech support, trying to set up a wireless network in my home.

Anyway, new turn up this morning, very shortly.

Remove ads