• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Of Vile Darkness - Full

Galbraith

First Post
well...

I wouldn't normally say anything, but since you asked OOC on the main board, linnorm... Yeah, the dark orchid is too dark in my opinion. I found the four color post you used in a previous message a little hard to keep up with, too.

Please don't take that the wrong way. Have fun with posting, but I like Ray's suggestion for how to post.

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, we'll be starting now. All OOC information that you need to tell me put at the end of your post in bracket like this:

[OOC: Diplomacy +10 to try to calm him down]

Of course the role-playing version of that would be further up the post, but if you need any rolls made, just make me aware of them.

Also, please put your race, class, character name, and whatnot in the title of your posts so everyone doesn't have to keep running to the Rogue's Gallery to figure our who everyone is.

Thoughts go in italics, speaking in "quotes," and actions go in *asterisks.* If you wish to use different colors for thoughts and speech, you may, but it must be light enough for me to read.

I also like Bro's and Rybaer's one color "thought bubble" format, too.

Just my .02 :)

linnorm

Explorer
Suggestions duly noted. Ralam is now sporting a snappy MediumTurquoise speech color, sure to be all the rage this year with the assassin crowd. Look out girls, this color says "I'm dangerous... and sexy too."

Rybaer

First Post
Galbraith said:

Just my .02 :)

I'm trying to keep my color usage solely to distinguishing my symbiont's dialogue. My character's own thoughts are just using plain italics. (Dibs on "plum" :) )

But yes, that turquoise is definitely easier to read than the previous color.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Galbraith said:
I do think each sentient being, aka symbiont, my weapon, and maybe each persona (if publicly known) should have a different color, but the color of their thoughts should be the same.

Last edited:

Galbraith

First Post
Well I'm a big idiot... brand new character and I'm already screwing it up.

Why am I sleeping and looking for food when I have a ring of sustinance :rolleyes:

Beats head on the wall

Gee, next thing you know I'll try to cast a spell...

Galbraith

First Post
THEN I go and misspell "Sustenance" in the last post. I could have corrected it, I know, but I will continue to point out that I am a dunderhead....

Rybaer knows me in the "real world" so I am sure he has "got my back" on supporting my claim of being an occasional nit wit.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Galbraith, people with that ring can and do eat normal food. Theirs no point in letting people know that you have a Ring of Sustenance with “Hey I never eat, I wonder why?” syndrome.

Well at least in my mind.

Last edited:

Galbraith

First Post
Oh, I know that Bro... That is what I was going to do. But why in the world would somone who doesn't have to go looking for food after oversleeping???

Nah, no big deal. I just was re-reading my post and went "D'oh! What a nimrod!" and I felt like sharing. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads