• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC - Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I'm still interested. So I hope we can keep the game going.

Well, that's good to hear. I'd rather not kill the game, my erratic behavior notwithstanding. So, cool! I'll get my act together and get this game back on track (get it? track? y'all are on a train?) before the weekend's done.

:D

Is there room for another player?

Well, maybe, sort of. The set up makes sticking in a new character both easy but also problematic. Cryptic, huh? Let me mull a bit.

kinem

Adventurer
MC, if you want to speed up combat - and I don't see why you wouldn't if you want the game to go well - here's what I do as a PBP DM:

- Asking players to roll initiative is a waste of time, as is waiting for the next guy (or gal) in the initiative order.

So what I do is that the DM rolls initiative for the PCs as a group, using their best init mod. When it's the PCs' turn to act, they act in order of posting - first post first served. The DM resolves whatever is needed (such as enemy mortality) after each post, if he gets to it before the others post. Then the NPCs act, and then the PCs, etc.

- I also prefer that the DM makes most rolls. If the player wants he can roll on IC; otherwise, the DM rolls.

Shayuri

First Post
Kinem has the right of it. Invisible Castle is a finnicky thing, and sometimes people (or me at least) make posts from places that Invisible Castle is less accessible, or non-accessible. Or -would- make posts, if you get my drift. :)

Well here's a suggestion and I know I'm not in the game or anything. But in my home game (the one I run) I just have everyone post five rounds worth of action after they roll battle order. So they come in, roll Initiative, post their saves and any things like armor class. (so I can roll those easier) then they post five rounds worth of actions for the battle and when all of them have posted, or most of them, I finish out the battle.

kinem

Adventurer
CTK, while I'm sure that speeds up combat, I can't see that system as being much fun. The battlefield can change a lot from one player's action to the next, much more in 5 rounds, and players want to react to it.

Combat is and should be a fun part of D&D; I don't want to get it out of the way, I just want to get it underway at a reasonable pace.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads