• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC - Pathfinder] The Fog of War

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
FYI: I'm heading out of town tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days. I'll be back Sunday afternoon. I'm not taking the laptop with me, so I'm almost certainly Internet-less during that time.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I'll get the game updated tomorrow. Been a busy weekend, what with putting up decorations, helping my son with his science project, shopping for clothes for my daughter's first concert, and the launch of Spes Magna's newsletter subscription.

Whew!

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Shayuri & ghostcat: It really bugs me that your PCs are still dragging from the train. It dawned on me that we were on hiatus for so long that we may have forgotten this Special Consideration:

The party has discovered that the pull of gravity is less than normal for them. The following game effects should be remembered: +5 Str for carrying capacity, +2 on CMB checks, +2 on Acrobatics, Climb, and Swim checks, and +10 feet base speed. If applicable, work these into your posts, to include your characters' reactions to the effects.

Also, given that both your characters have hold of the car, another +2 circumstance bonus to Climb seems appropriate. Please retcon your posts with these bonuses.

Merry Christmas!

:)

Shayuri

First Post
That's very generous of you. Horrifyingly, I had already included the +2 bonus into my stats.

The additional +2 you're granting now won't make any difference...though it may save Mellisande from taking a tumble by falling clean off the train. :(

It's a pity, since I like the idea of Melli being good at scampering about and climbing trees and such...but really, even if Climb WAS a class skill, these rolls are shabby enough I still wouldn't be making them. Sometimes things just don't work out. Fortunately, Mellisande is kind of a comic-relief hero, so her doing pratfalls during a battle is actually fairly dramatically appropriate. :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Excellent. The Climb checks seemed like a good idea, but I forgot (a) how slow PbP moves and (b) that adventure design that ends up excluding PCs from the action isn't good design.

I'm going to make a push to get everything updated tomorrow. I only work a half-day, which is good except for the fact that I don't get paid if I don't work. Ah well.

FYI: I'm out of town for a couple of days starting Friday.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, someone who got up to the top could always lower a hand down to Mellisande. No need this has to separate us. It could just put a couple of PC's out of the action for a round or two as punishment for rolling poorly. :)

ghostcat

First Post
Piedra is now on the steps and intends to "aid another" on Mellisande. However, IC really hates me at the moment so don't count on me being much help.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
No, I've not given up on the game. I just haven't quite got back into the swing of things after the holidays. Add to this me being a bit behind for the release of Fencing & Firearms combined with me going on a men's retreat this weekend.

I'll be back home Sunday after lunch. Depending on what homework the kids have left to do, I should be able to jump back on my much-neglected DMing duties.

Remove ads