[OOC] Planescape: Divided We Stand

Baronsquee

First Post
You have my fullest sympathy, HT! "Mandatory Unpaid Overtime" are three words which should never be seen next to one another like that. With my Planescape hat on, I'd say that's clearly Lawful Evil. Are you sure your company's head office isn't on Baator? ;)

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
If you guys are enjoying roleplaying careful people, by all means continue, but you don't need to be this careful to survive in this game. I'm not going to place arbitrary "gotchas!" in your way. Feel free to go boldly where no prime has gone before. ;)

Antithetist

First Post
Sorry, I've been working overtime and enduring training this week, so my reading comprehension is low. Which assumptions are you making? If you're wondering if your roll justifies the amount of information you put forth in the post, then no worries, that's perfectly fine. I'd say with Khalil's ranks+Int bonus, we can assume he's familiar with the names of the planes (at least in his own language), their relative positioning, and their alignments.

Doh, sorry, missed this for ages! Need to get into the habit of checking the Talking the Talk instead of just making my nest in the Living Worlds and poking my head daily into Playing the Game.

Anyhow (assuming this isn't all about to be made moot by Khalil going Limbo-diving), this all sounds good to me. I do however quite like the idea that I played up IC, that most of Khalil's culture's knowledge of the Planes is fairly oblique and often couched in symbolic or ambiguous terms. Their magical tradition is very much tied up with mysticism, so it makes sense to me that there wouldn't be much in the way of a general understanding of the multiverse in concrete terms. Anybody from Khalil's homeland who has walked the planes has probably written about it in the same terms as they've written about their dreams and visions and their experiences of the Godhead. Make sense?

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Doh, sorry, missed this for ages! Need to get into the habit of checking the Talking the Talk instead of just making my nest in the Living Worlds and poking my head daily into Playing the Game.

Anyhow (assuming this isn't all about to be made moot by Khalil going Limbo-diving), this all sounds good to me. I do however quite like the idea that I played up IC, that most of Khalil's culture's knowledge of the Planes is fairly oblique and often couched in symbolic or ambiguous terms. Their magical tradition is very much tied up with mysticism, so it makes sense to me that there wouldn't be much in the way of a general understanding of the multiverse in concrete terms. Anybody from Khalil's homeland who has walked the planes has probably written about it in the same terms as they've written about their dreams and visions and their experiences of the Godhead. Make sense?

That's fantastic! You and I are completely on the same wavelength here; that's exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see from your character.

As an aside, if you haven't read the Burton translation of The Arabian Nights yet, you're in for a real treat.

Antithetist

First Post
So, hmm, is it me or are we one sentient monkey lighter than we were when we started? ethandrew hasn't posted in about a month. Did he give a warning about that that I just didn't see, or is he AWOL? Either way, what happened to Pinder when the floor gave way?

Would be good to know whether we're all safe or what before continuing.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Thanks for your patience, guys! Sorry about the slow posting recently.

I had Pinder and Sessay join you all in the white, barren room. Since I'm no saint when it comes to timely posting, I won't begin to fault ethandrew :p. It makes the most sense to just have him join the group, so it'll be easier to move forward.

Remove ads