[OOC] Planescape: Divided We Stand

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
I didn't realize I *wasn't* part of the main group. Oh well. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. :p

Absolutely no offense intended! I looked at who was ready and set up a group on that basis. I really like your character, and it wasn't easy to decide, but in the interest of fairness I brought in the most complete characters on September 2nd. :)

Theroc

First Post
Absolutely no offense intended! I looked at who was ready and set up a group on that basis. I really like your character, and it wasn't easy to decide, but in the interest of fairness I brought in the most complete characters on September 2nd. :)

No offense taken, just was a not quite so pleasant surprise. (I figured I'd be worked in once Viktor was done, hence the continued effort, lol)

I may have misunderstood something you posted though, so no big deal. Also, if someone drops, it may be at a different level than 1st, which... would be simpler on my brain since all the changing as I level would get confusing. :p

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Could you choose the keys for me? I'm going over it and I can't seem to understand not even dent!

What do you want Feleghost to do in the game? What do you want him to be rewarded for doing? What kinds of challenges do you want to see him face?

In the default D&D 3.5, your character is rewarded for overcoming challenges. In this game, your character is rewarded for contributing to the story in ways you define. Romeo might have the Key, "Star-struck Lover", and get experience every time love causes him harm. Lee Adama from Battlestar Galactica could have the key "Admiral's Son", and get experience for trying to live up to his father's expectations. Don Quixote could have the Key of the Knight Errant, and gain experience whenever he chases an impossible goal.

I'd be happy to help you come up with some keys that fit your character, but I need to know what you want the character to do before I can help. So far I know that he was adopted, watched a large extended family grow old, and yearns for adventure. I also know he's not very personable and is easily overlooked. What goals does he have? What particular challenges does he face? Who or what is important to him?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Lets try then!

Difficulties: Make the others hear him, as most people tent to ignore him. He might have something important to say as "Watch out for the trap" but none will listen. That might prove challenging as he is the rouge.

Goal: -Become as successful as his adopted father, both in love as in wealth.
-Get to know his biological family

Sorry for the silence thus far, I've been having a hell of a time lately.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Difficulties: Make the others hear him, as most people tent to ignore him. He might have something important to say as "Watch out for the trap" but none will listen. That might prove challenging as he is the rouge.

Goal: -Become as successful as his adopted father, both in love as in wealth.
-Get to know his biological family

That gives us a lot to go on! How about these?

Key of the Sneak
You pride yourself on being nearly invisible to foes.

• Gain 1 XP every time he solves a problem with stealth.
  • Gain 3 XP every time he escapes after accidentally breaking stealth.
  • Buyoff: Run into danger without trying to sneak up on the enemy.
Key of the Unimportant
No one ever pays you any attention. You get no respect!

• Gain 1 XP whenever someone ignores what you have to say (up to 3 times per level).
  • Gain 3 XP when you face great hardships because no one will listen to you.
  • Buyoff: Stand up for yourself and get some respect.

Key of the Prodigal Son
Your character is from a very large extended family, sired by a very successful man.

• Gain 1 XP every time he tries to emulate his father's example.
  • Gain 2 XP when he takes steps toward finding his family.
  • Gain 5 XP for meeting up with a member of his adopted family.
  • Buyoff: Abandoning the search for his family.
This way, your character has 3 easy ways to gain experience: trying to act like his adopted father, using stealth to solve problems, or being ignored. These are just ideas, so feel free to change them any way you want!

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Looks like Feleghost got caught! Voda Vosa, I'll let you describe what Vorrin sees. Baronsquee, Spot opposes Hide, so Vorrin both saw and heard him.

Oh, and hey, here's a Planescape comic that does know it's a Planescape comic!

Remove ads