[OOC] Planescape: Divided We Stand

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Since the dice roller was just added, I feel I'm obligated to make some kind of statement about it as it applies to this game. So, uh, if you like it, use it. Or don't. :p

Baronsquee: Vorrin succeeds on his Knowledge (Planes) check; I imagine you know where the characters are now. ;)

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Voda Vosa: Spot is meant to oppose Hide, so it's really about finding hidden people and monsters. Search could work, though. Which room do you want Feleghost to search?

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
If you'd like your character to help Vorrin repair the chasm, make a Wisdom check at DC 10 to Aid Another. He has Autohypnosis trained, so I've decided (via PMs with Baronsquee) that Autohypnosis should be applicable to shaping Limbo. It seems thematic to me. If you'd like to do any other form of chaos-shaping, it'll be a Wisdom check at DC 15 to temporarily control a sphere with a radius of up to 10 feet. Characters with a Wisdom score greater than 20 can permanently stabilize an area.

We can use the rules in Manual of the Planes if you like, but they're basically the same as the above, just needlessly complicated and a bit less generous.

For future uses of Aid Another, let's also use the semi-optional Expert Assistance rule:
[sblock=Expert Assistance]
If you have 5 or more ranks in a skill you’re using to aid another, you can grant a higher bonus. For every 10 points your check result exceeds 10, the circumstance bonus increases by 1. To determine the circumstance bonus quickly, simply divide the helper’s check result by 10, round down, and add 1.
At the DM’s option, this rule can also be extended to using the aid another action in combat to improve an ally’s attack roll or AC. Any character who has a base attack bonus of +5 or higher can grant a greater bonus on an ally’s attack roll or AC as described above.[/sblock]

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Shayuri said:
But that means automatic success, doesn't it?

Yup. But in this case, the result of a failed roll will just be another reroll, so we may as just skip all that nonsense and just let the attempt succeed. Future Aid Another checks will probably require a roll, but this specific application doesn't warrant such a fine-grained approach.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
OOC: Knowledge: the Planes 1d20+7=15

Hope I'm about right in my assumptions of what that check result means?

Sorry, I've been working overtime and enduring training this week, so my reading comprehension is low. Which assumptions are you making? If you're wondering if your roll justifies the amount of information you put forth in the post, then no worries, that's perfectly fine. I'd say with Khalil's ranks+Int bonus, we can assume he's familiar with the names of the planes (at least in his own language), their relative positioning, and their alignments.

Sorry if I'm just being dense--we're starting up a new business campaign, which in Japan means whips, oars, employees chained to their desks, etc.* Not my favorite kind of campaign, to be sure. ;) An after-work beer is required to maintain sanity.

*Not really, but mandatory unpaid overtime is kind of not fun.

Remove ads