(OOC) Planescape: Intrigue

does anyone have any advice on what fighting style I should take?

I really haven't min/maxed my combat at all...if anything, I've min/maxed my social. In any case, I'm not really sure what to take.

Dueling: +2 to damage is nice, given my low combat score...assuming I hit in combat but I have lots of ways to cause damage...
Blind Fighting: Super useful and super situational
Blessed Warrior: kind of neat - two cleric cantrips but, once again, it doesn't really buff my combat much. Might give me utility (guidance!)
Defense: fits the selfish aspect of the character and buffs my mediocre AC
Interception: nice benefit to the group but I'm not sure how often he'll be within 5 feet of a party member. don't need a shield
Protection: dunno if this fits his niche, although, it seems more powerful than Interception?

The rest don't really fit at all ...

Necropolitan

Adventurer
does anyone have any advice on what fighting style I should take?

I really haven't min/maxed my combat at all...if anything, I've min/maxed my social. In any case, I'm not really sure what to take.

Dueling: +2 to damage is nice, given my low combat score...assuming I hit in combat but I have lots of ways to cause damage...
Blind Fighting: Super useful and super situational
Blessed Warrior: kind of neat - two cleric cantrips but, once again, it doesn't really buff my combat much. Might give me utility (guidance!)
Defense: fits the selfish aspect of the character and buffs my mediocre AC
Interception: nice benefit to the group but I'm not sure how often he'll be within 5 feet of a party member. don't need a shield
Protection: dunno if this fits his niche, although, it seems more powerful than Interception?

The rest don't really fit at all ...
If we're mostly going to be in social situations then something flavorful if less useful might still work.

At the risk of taking over the scene, I'd like to make one more post. But I wasn't sure if anyone else was going to pipe in first. I would be interested in finding out if my Divine Sense informs me anything about where we are or about the people Orris is with.

Edit: I don't have anything specific to say, I think, so we could move on...I just wanted to narrate collecting the rest of his gear but, I suppose, you could do that.

Speaking of Divine Sense (and spells), mechanically, I need a focus/spell components and I know paladins aren't Holy Warriors like they were in previous editions....I need to think about what my 'holy symbol' might actually represent.

Nordom

Explorer
Enjoying the writing. Also, just off the top of my head, a few ideas:

1 Saving him out of the kindness of your hearts
2 making sure he dies in the fire (making the ladder fall XD)
3 saving him, then using him later
4 just forgetting about him and fleeing.

Feel free to add dialogue, rolls, and attempts at just about anything you think of.

Points for creativity!

Last edited:

If I need a roll, to convince him to step out, I’ll throw one in. The whole reason for levitating up was to give the guy confidence to step out. Also, did Orris sense anything with his Divine Sense earlier?

Edit: I suppose I could have cast levitate directly on the guy but then I would have had to convince him not to save against it. Besides, this way looks cooler.

Remove ads