[OOC] Star Wars - Interlude IV: The Detritus of Destiny

Forged Fury

First Post
What do y'all think for Mack's attempt to get the shopkeeper to give chocolates to the rodians? Charm or Deception is what I am thinking, more towards Charm than Deception. A boost die for the bribe. I'll go with Average difficulty.

gribble

Explorer
I'd probably go Deception, simply because that's the end result he's after to deceive the Rodians long enough to slip out unnoticed. Also because he's not entirely being truthful to the shopkeeper. I can see how it might go either way though.

Leif

Adventurer
Why don't you just give Mack whichever one [charm/deception] he has the most chance of success with? I can see a valid argument for using either one, and it is an inspired idea, so I think he deserves to have the greatest chance of success. But, hey, i'm on his side, anyway.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Why does it even have to be a dice roll? Mack's a customer ordering the product. The guy wants to sell and a tip for his trouble. Auto success in my book. Let's roleplay instead of roll-play, yeah?

Forged Fury

First Post
In this case, Mack is asking the shopkeeper to do something outside of the general purview of their job and also to abandon their shop, however briefly, to deliver the goods. I feel that calls for a roll. I'm all for role-play, but feel there are reasons why social characteristics and skills are included in the game.

MackCharm.jpg

Success, the shopkeeper will do as Mack requests. IC post in bound.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
FF; I would rather you not take control of my character and skip my role-playing opportunities if you don't mind. I get transitioning a scene and all to cover IC time in transit. But this is a role-playing game, and interacting with NPCs and PCs are important to me.

Forged Fury

First Post
That's fine. While EoE is supposed to be a joint narrative, I'm fine with just posting the rolls and let you all deal with the narrative.

ETA: In any event, I'll wait for KN to post on behalf of Arsinoe. Additionally, if anyone wants to flesh out anything I gloss over, feel free to post it in your next post. Whatever is added will override anything I may post.

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
While I get what you're saying [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], I think it's within FF's purview as GM to move the narrative along by glossing over less important NPC/PC interactions.

I get that you might have a different take on what is and isn't important, but I'd rather the IC thread not be filled up with passive-aggressive posts (apologies if that wasn't the intent, but that's the way your last post read to me). Some suggestions: If you'd like to expound on the interactions between Noe and Mack, you could continue from the point the narrative has been advanced to (i.e.: describe the IC conversation between Mack and Noe as they flee out the back door and towards the docking bay), or even do a minor "flashback" to the discussion Mack had with Noe in the store. Alternatively, you could save any interactions you had planned for a later scene.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION], last night I lost all enjoyment in the game after I asked to role-play, and instead found my character having all the current RP opportunities taken away as my PC was controlled by the GM with speech and actions. Sorry if that offended you, but I was not happy and I am here to have fun and participate. While that might not bother you, it really bothers me. I am not some wallflower player by nature that posts 1-2 liners IC. I want to be an active participant in the current scene.

Missing out on some minor conversation is not that big of a deal (because you are right that it can be picked up later after the transition), but taking away actions that I was considering to do for Mack is a whole other matter. I wanted to see what happened with the distraction and be able to react accordingly.

FF, thank you for the flexibility to override things as necessary. I will edit my last post to reflect where I wanted to have Mack do something different compared to the scene advancement. I edited it.

Remove ads