[OOC] The Fifth City

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I'd really like to try this campaign out with D&D 5E. The original concept for this campaign in 4E had Dragonborn in the role the dwarves are currently occupying and Tieflings in place of the orcs and I much prefer that arrangement to the current one, race wise, while I prefer 5E rules to 4E and Pathfinder rules.

If a majority prefers Pathfinder, that's fine, too, but I want to see where folks stand on trying out 5E.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Present!

I'd be up for a go at 5e. Your plan is to use the limited rules online or wait for the Players book next month. If everyone is happy with Pathfinder i'm certainly good with that.

I'd prefer to wait for the PHB as the Fifth City is huge and diverse and the Basic Rules wouldn't capture that feeling. That said, D&D 5E is my favorite game (almost) on the market right now.

Fenris

Adventurer
Yeah, I would be good to go with a shift to 5E. I think that would put us say Labor Day to re-start? Gives everyone two weeks to digest the PHB and re-tool.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
So, what I'll probably do is start a new thread sometime in late August with open recruiting. I'll link to it from here so you guys don't miss the boat.

You can either stick with your original character concepts and adapt them to 5E or come up with something new. T'is up to you. The IC will also get a complete reboot.

Scotley

Hero
I like the character concept, so I'll probably stick with it. I've now stated him up for 3.5 and Pathfinder so this will be a chance to see the same character under 3 systems. I definitely preferred the PF version to the 3.5 version. Being able to take weapon finesse at 1st level was huge.

Remove ads