• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5

Scotley

Hero
For those of you who stumbled into this game late it should be noted that I chose to run this adventure in a fit of nostalgia brought on by the death of Mr. Gygax. He was indeed the author and despite his work on the game he actually wrote relatively few adventures. The infamous G (againsts the giants), D (decent into the depths of the earth series, Q (Queen of the Demonweb pits, a few of the S (special series module including this one as well as Expedition to the Barrier Peaks and Lost caverns of Tasojcanth) , B2 (Keep on the Border lands), EX1 and 2 (strange tributes to the works of Lewis Carrol), T1 (Village of Homlett), WG4-6 (Greyhawk adventures). He also wrote a couple for other systems such as boot hill, and Necroplis which was for his own legendary adventures and later Castles and Crusades.

Anyway, the Tomb is really more about traps than monsters. Enjoy!

Leif

Adventurer
EX 1 AND 2 that Scotley mentioned were called, I think, "Through the Looking Glass" and "Beyond the Magic Mirror." I may have them in the wrong order. :-S

Leif

Adventurer
Leif said:
EX 1 AND 2 that Scotley mentioned were called, I think, "Through the Looking Glass" and "Beyond the Magic Mirror." I may have them in the wrong order.

ScottDeWar said:
how appropiate.

Which is appropriate the titles or the fact that the order might be wrong... or both? :cool:

I guess it must be both, it's like they are Tweedledee and Tweedledum looking at each other and pantomiming looking into a mirror. And, the last time I checked, both of these modules were available as a free download from the Wizards website. ;) If you read much of them, though, you may begin to have difficulty telling which one comes first! :D

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was thinking of the titles. I personally have never been through most of what you have listed.

Leif

Adventurer
I have never actually played them myself, either as DM or as a player. They're first edition AD&D, so they're not really usable with 3.5 in their present form. I have toyed with the idea of converting them, but haven't really done anything with the idea. It sounds like a LOT of work....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads