[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Wilphe

Adventurer
Right:

XP Total 13,000 which dumps him firmly at level 5 after 7 years.

Have I got this right so far?

Noble 1/ Navy 4

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Used the Irony Dice server and got the following numbers (the bolded abilities are suggestions - please alter if they don't meet class prereqs)

17 - Stat Edu
13 - Stat Dex
11 - Stat Str
13 - Stat Con
13 - Stat Int
12 - Stat Cha
12 - Stat Status
15 - Stat Wis

Anyway I'm thinking that Belter looks like something I might be interested in (the juryriging stuff and blowing things up sounds fun:D)

So what about ex-Navy (Technician) turned Belter?
Anyway as for Skills I'm thinking Tech:Mechanical, Tech:Engineering and can do Astrogation too unless someone else wants it (probably take Pilot as a secondary skill if I can)

Feats:Gearhead & Vessel:Starship if required or ?? if not...

Maerdwyn said:
Tonguez - Cool, welcome aboard.

Belter - Deep space miners and prospectors, who also specialize in jury rigging machines and equipment together, starship engineering, and blowing things up

Navy (S) - Starship pilots, technicians, and warriors

Professional - Encompassing anything from engineers to doctors to scientists working in the field. The difference between an Academic and a Professional is how "hands on" the person is.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
I'd planned on going the full starship/pilot route ('kinda required for scout), but IMHO it's always better to have these skills not concentrated in only one PC, so either of us can function as a backup. (As it is usually the pilot who gets shot. :D )

Folkert

Maerdwyn

First Post
Wilphe -

Yup you've got the right of it

Tonguez -
As Douane says, a little redundancy in a party can be a Good Thing. As a Belter/Navy vet, you should have plenty of skills for cover your piloting/astrogation needs, as well as your blowing stuff up needs. ;)

Any thoughts on how long you'd like to spend in Prior History? Also, I forget - are you playing a human or something else?

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn,

I will mail you shortly regarding some details for my PC.

One question, though, right now:

I see that Wilphe's taking a level of noble without a prior term in it (or am I erring here?). Is this also possible for some other classes?

Thanks,

Folkert

Seonaid

Explorer
After reading the posts again today, I realize that my brain was messed up last night, but I'm okay now. :)

Can I take a level in Professional (whatever the name is for being an in-the-field-medic)? Or is Traveller limited to two classes? This whole not getting into grad school is really screwing me up. :D

I would like to take a prior history term in post-doc work, thinking I'll go for the xeno-whatever-it-is feat (I don't have my stuff right here).

Seonaid

Explorer
Argh, here's something else. Is there a list of suggested Aslan names in the real book, like there is in the D&D PHB? If it matters, I'm going to be female (hence the class). Thanks!

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
Maerdwyn,

I will mail you shortly regarding some details for my PC.

One question, though, right now:

I see that Wilphe's taking a level of noble without a prior term in it (or am I erring here?). Is this also possible for some other classes?

Thanks,

Folkert
You can't take terms of Prior History in a profession if you don't have at least one level in the class. Apparently, however, you don't have to take a prior history term in every class you have. You don't, strictly speaking, need to do ANY Prior History terms at all, for example, and could start as a wet-behind-the-ears first level anything. :) Edit: Wilphe's character is okay as long as he takes a level of Navy at first level, and take noble later.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Argh, here's something else. Is there a list of suggested Aslan names in the real book, like there is in the D&D PHB? If it matters, I'm going to be female (hence the class). Thanks!
Nope - and I've been looking for such a list for all the races.. Anyone have a source? Should we use real cultures to base racial names and languages on? Simply not worry about it? Any other suggestions from you guys?

BTW, off to do some errands - Be back later on.
Ian

Last edited:

Remove ads