• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
I did not, but anyone else that may have started with the Dungeoneer's Pack would have. Or a climber's kit, which I do not have. :p

I guess we will go with Surana's plan and buddy system this bugger!

SunGold

First Post
Yeah I was hoping Bert might, but he has no equipment listed at all. Bummer.

Still totally open to any other ideas from you or Erevan. Let's give the prince time to post before we roll with this. :)

SunGold

First Post
Now that I think about it, even if we do go with this plan, maybe Shuushar should be w/Surana & Eldeth w/ Erevan. I figured we didn't need him up front to "guide" anymore since there's just the one trail, but...we're directly outside his home now. He may be able to offer insight and warnings on known dangerous parts of the trail.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I'm good with this plan. I was thinking about other options, but dismissed them while reading your train of thought. Tie the fish dude to me! :)

SunGold

First Post
Cool, the fish-man's all yours. :)

OOC: So the order looks like:

Surana
Eldeth

Bert
Derendil
Orsik

Shuushar
Erevan

Topsy
Turvy

Ezraen
Sarith

And Uller, if there's enough natural light for Bert and I to function normally, I'll ask Orsik to dismiss the Light spell on the torch to avoid drawing attention.

Uller

Adventurer
No, there isn't really enough light to function normally. In the distance you can make out pockets of light...it's like the underdark version of coming in for landing at a small rural airport on a dark night. You can see lights below and "stars" above but they ain't illuminating you.

How long is the length of rope between each character?

SunGold

First Post
Sounds about right.

Before we do this, could you give us an -ish range on what the save DC will be to hold up a character who falls?

Uller

Adventurer
I'll have to think about it. I'm thinking athletic checks to avoid falling will be with advantage if you are tied to someone. But if you fall then that character must make an athletics check to also avoid falling. It's not going to be crazy high...Probably 10. If the character that fell is smaller than the one holding them up it will be with advantage and disadvantage if they are larger.

Falling won't be as catastrophic as in the chasm. It's more of a rocky slope than a free fall into the void so if you both fall you'll likely catch on something. It'll hurt but I wouldn't expect it to be fatal unless you are really unlucky (or already hurt).

SunGold

First Post
It'll hurt but I wouldn't expect it to be fatal unless you are really unlucky (or already hurt).

*cough*Sarith*cough*

Thanks for the heads-up. That's still risky, but reasonable. I was worried it might be like...DC 15 str or you both tumble into the abyss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads