• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION]; How are we dealing with dice rolls? Are you, as a DM, rolling for the players or are we rolling ourselves?
Maybe we're using CoyoteCode Dice Roller that I've seen Ancalagon has used... but I thought that I asked first.

tglassy

Adventurer
Usually, players roll their own dice. Coyote is good, but you can also put [roll]insert-dice-here[/roll]. It will show up as [roll0].

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh... good. I didn't know.
Test: [roll0]

Yeah, I was planning on talking a bit on that. There's been a lot of talk on forums about not rolling dice (in regular games) unless asked. For our purposes here, I'm going to suggest that EVERYONE roll ability/skill checks whenever they think it might possibly apply. Don't worry too much about bad rolls, as sometimes the DC will be zero. I also like to rule partial successes. I will adjudicate fairly, at any rate. When in doubt, ROLL for it. It will save a bit of back-and-forth.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am still working on my warlock. Sorry for the silence. It seems my app stopped alerting me.

Squirrels are evil!

In the meantime, I may need to build another characted instead though. He would probably be rather hostile to the parties paladin for backstory reasons. Feral druid maybe? Or I could level up my hard that didn't get to play.

Don't worry too much about it. You won't need a backup unless Bob dies - as a Barbarian, that's pretty hard to do. (Though not nearly impossible). Seeing as we've yet to have a combat, you should have a bit of time. Whoever you make up can be waiting at the basecamp for coach to send him in.

My app isn't alerting me either. I don't know what's up - but it keeps alerting me to games I'm not involved in, but not my games. Stupid thing.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmmm... I will look into it.

Yeah, it's all screwed up on my phone. Looks fine on the computer. I'll try an edit...

Kept making it worse until I ditched the summonings. Strangely, it seems to work fine in the other thread... oh well, they'll find it.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm looking over some of the Mystic abilities, and this is my first chance to use some of them. They're very unique. When Terrus hits, he can fling people 10-70 feet away (currently, 30 feet is max). He can leap up to 70 feet (current max is 30 feet), all the while turning his hide first Tough (like an animal's), giving +2 AC for an hour, then can use an ability like a Shield Spell to grant up to 7 AC (current max 3) as a reaction. Oh, and then, as a bonus action, if he wants, he can make himself resistant to physical damage, or energy damage (from two different Disciplines).

Of course, all this burns spell points, which he only has 17, which is the equivalent to a level 4 wizard (if you change spell slots to spell points). So, if he goes all out, he can be beast for a round or three, then he's normal until he has a long rest.

Pyrus is basically a battlefield controller, with blasting capability. Ice Sheets, Darkness, Fear, he makes the bad guys' lives hell. Pretty good combo. Can't wait to see what the other two can do!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Unearthed Arcana — Starter Spells — Cleric

[MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION]; In "Unearthed Arcana — Starter Spells" there are a few Cleric spells. Am I allowed to choose amongst these in addition to the normal cleric spells in the PHB whenever I prepare Sesto's spells after a long rest?

[sblock=UA Starter Spells — Cleric]Cleric
Cantrips (0 Level)
Hand of radiance (evocation)
Toll the dead (necromancy)
Virtue (abjuration)
1st Level
Ceremony (conjuration, ritual)
Guiding hand (divination, ritual)

Hand of Radiance
Evocation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (5-foot radius)
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You raise your hand, and burning radiance erupts from it. Each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 1d6 radiant damage.
The spell’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d8).

Toll the Dead
Necromancy cantrip
Range: 60 feet
Duration: Instantaneous
You point at one creature you can see within range, and the sound of a dolorous bell fills the air around it for a moment. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d8 necrotic damage. If the target is missing any of its hit points, it instead takes 1d12 necrotic damage.
The spell’s damage increases by one die when you reach 5th level (2d8 or 2d12), 11th level (3d8 or 3d12), and 17th level (4d8 or 4d12).

Virtue
Abjuration cantrip
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 round
You touch one creature, imbuing it with vitality. If the target has at least 1 hit point, it gains a number of temporary hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. The temporary hit points are lost when the spell ends.

Ceremony
1st-level evocation (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (25 gp worth of powdered silver)
Duration: Instantaneous (see text)
You perform one of several religious ceremonies. When you cast the spell, choose one of the following ceremonies, the target of which must be within 10 feet of you throughout the casting.
Atonement. You touch one willing creature whose alignment has changed, and you make a DC 20 Wisdom (Insight) check. On a success, you restore the target to its original alignment.
Bless Water. You touch one vial of water and cause it to become holy water.
Coming of Age. You touch one humanoid old enough to be a young adult. For the next 24 hours, whenever the target makes an ability check, it can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the ability check. A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once.
Dedication. You touch one humanoid who would willingly convert to your religion or who wishes to be dedicated to your god’s service. For the next 24 hours, whenever the target makes a saving throw, it can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the save. A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once.
Funeral Rite. You bless one corpse within 5 feet of you. For the next 24 hours, the target can’t become undead by any means short of a wish spell.
Investiture. You touch one willing humanoid. Choose one 1st-level spell you have prepared and expend a spell slot and any material components as if you were casting that spell. The spell has no effect. Instead, the target can cast this spell once without having to expend a spell slot or use material components. If the target doesn’t cast the spell within 1 hour, the invested spell is lost.
Marriage. You touch adult humanoids willing to be bonded together in marriage. For the next 24 hours, each target gains a +2 bonus to AC and saving throws while they are within 30 feet of each other. A creature can benefit from this ceremony just once.

Guiding Hand
1st-level divination (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: 5 feet
Duration: Concentration, up to 8 hours
You create a Tiny incorporeal hand of shimmering light in an unoccupied space you can see within range. The hand exists for the duration, but it disappears if you teleport or you travel to a different plane of existence.
When the hand appears, you name one major landmark, such as a city, mountain, castle, or battlefield on the same plane of existence as you. Someone in history must have visited the site and mapped it. If the landmark appears on no map in existence, the spell fails. Otherwise, whenever you move toward the hand, it moves away from you at the same speed you moved, and it moves in the direction of the landmark, always remaining 5 feet away from you.
If you don’t move toward the hand, it remains in place until you do and beckons for you to follow once every 1d4 minutes.[/sblock]

Remove ads