• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Do I have to make the check at the beginning or end of my turn?

Escaping a Grapple is an Action in 5e. So whenever you take your Action.

Edit: To be more clear, it's an Athletics or Acrobatics check to either burst out or wiggle out. I just realized that means you can't use the Disengage Action. If you swim away, it'll probably use an Opportunity Attack to just grab you again. Wow. This encounter is tough.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Don't worry. It's all good. About to do my thing.
You should be in darkness and not actually able to see a tentacle. The only light source on the lake was Auraia's torch and she jumped in the water. I'm inclined to let you get away with it - but those characters are already pretty MVP with their diversity. We should probably pay attention to whatever few disadvantages they have.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
You said that Kurzon can make out the Genasi sisters from the shore. That means there's enough light for Aquaria to at least see herself, and there's a big tentacle wrapped around her, so she should at least be able to see the tentacle that's holding her.

Edit: Oh, I see, Kurzon has darkvison. Perhaps Aquaria will just heal herself, then, if she can't see anything.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Depends on which one levels us up faster...

Sent from my iPad using EN World
I don't even know... I feel like I do it faster, but I've never done the math.

(BTW, knowing about all the disadvantages, did you want to redo your turn? I am at a stag party, so I will finish the round later. You have time to edit.)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
You should be in darkness and not actually able to see a tentacle. The only light source on the lake was Auraia's torch and she jumped in the water. I'm inclined to let you get away with it - but those characters are already pretty MVP with their diversity. We should probably pay attention to whatever few disadvantages they have.

You said that Kurzon can make out the Genasi sisters from the shore. That means there's enough light for Aquaria to at least see herself, and there's a big tentacle wrapped around her, so she should at least be able to see the tentacle that's holding her.

Edit: Oh, I see, Kurzon has darkvison. Perhaps Aquaria will just heal herself, then, if she can't see anything.

There are *two* torches, not one. The one that was dropped in the water, and the one held aloft by Drako's mage hand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads