• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
So, would it be int based or Dex based? Arcana vs. Tools. On Dex Mord would have a +5. Only +3 for Int. Of course, he would have to dash back and try to get hisbshort rest in afterwards. (Or just lend his kit out to somebody else who needs it.)

Edit: Also, guidance is free so one person can get one from Mord before they start. And maybe Sesto, if he has it.

Squirrels are evil!

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It would be Int-based (Arcana), with the tools providing advantage. If you get an Arcana-trained character to tell a thief what to do, though (with the "help" action), then the check is Dex-based (Thieves' Tools).

I'm not gonna argue if you want Mord to flip it and advise himself, though. (He can pick either stat, I guess!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lets just assume that the Arcanists "help" Udit. So give me a Dex (Thieves Tools) check with advantage and guidance and lets get going before we all forget what's happened so far.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I think no one was an expert (a lot of people are decent, no one is great) at arcana and they were hesitating to roll, afraid to doom Udit with poor information. Now that he know where to mark, Udit will leap into action...

Remove ads