[OOC] What Adventure Awaits?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I've not forgotten about or quit this game. Been a busy week. Standardized testing ate up the last two days. I also have to finish reading a section of Plutarch and an essay about the death of Socrates for a seminar this week. Will probably get things moving again tonight. :)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If you guys are looking for a healer, I could re-invent Shalaye as less of a wuss and more of a "gets things done" kind of character. Other than "healing", is the party lacking in certain skills? Need more beefy warrior-types?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
If you guys are looking for a healer, I could re-invent Shalaye as less of a wuss and more of a "gets things done" kind of character. Other than "healing", is the party lacking in certain skills? Need more beefy warrior-types?

My say as GM-Player (as opposed to PC-Player) is that we need a fourth player. The details about what that fourth player plays don't concern me much. :)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Good news is, I found Shalaye's character sheet over at Myth-Weavers.
Bad news is, it's not complete. Hur hur hur.

I see that, between the mage and the rogue, many of the knowledge skills are covered.

My character is going to be more hunter-oracle, more personable, less spacey. I also realized that I can choose any mysery I like, regardless of whatever deity I might honor. That said, I will choose the Life mystery and pick up the ability to channel energy for that lovin' feeling.

Even better. Could I take my 1st level in bard, 2nd in Oracle? Way more paperwork, but worth it.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
[sblock=Shalaye]
[sblock=Game Info]
Race: Half-Elf (Wild Elf descent)
Class: Bard/Oracle
Level: 1/1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages: Common, Elven
Deity: honors Desna, Sarenrae, Gozreh[/sblock][sblock=Abilities]
STR: 12
DEX: 12
CON: 10
INT: 10
WIS: 14
CHA: 16[/sblock][sblock=Combat]
HP: 13 = [1d8+1]+ [3+1]
AC: 16 = 10 + 4 (armor) + 1 (shield) + 1 (DEX),
AC Touch: 11 = 10 + 1 (DEX)
AC Flatfooted: 15 = 10 + 4 (armor) + 1 (shield)
INIT: +3 = +1 (DEX) +2 Elven Reflexes trait
BAB: +0 = +0 (list class)
CMB: +1 = +1 (STR) + 0 (BAB)
CMD: 12 = 10 + 1 (STR) + 1 (DEX) + 0 (BAB)
Fort: +0 = +0 (base) + 0 (stat)
Reflex: +3 = +2 (base) + 1 (stat)
Will: +5 = +3 (base) + 2 (stat)
Speed: 30 (6 squares)
Damage Reduction: nil
Spell Resistance:nil, but immune to sleep effects and +2 vs encahntments and effects[/sblock][sblock=Weapon Stats]
Shortsword(melee): +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (STR) / DMG = 1d6+1(P), CRIT 19-20/x2
Dagger(Melee or Ranged): +1 = +0 (BAB) + 1 (DEX) / DMG = 1d4+1(P), Range 10, CRIT 19-20/x2
Shortbow(Ranged): +1 = +0 (BAB) +1 (DEX) / DMG 1d6(P), Range 60, CRIT x3
[/sblock][sblock=Racial Traits]

• +2 to One Ability Score: Half-elf characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice (CHA) at creation to represent their varied nature.
  • Medium: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
  • Normal Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
  • Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light (see low-light vision).
  • Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus (Survival) as a bonus feat at 1st level.
  • Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
  • Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
  • Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
  • Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored class at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.
  • Languages: Half-elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
[/sblock][sblock=Class Features]A bard/oracle is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip. She is also proficient with light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields). A bard can cast bard spells while wearing light armor and using a shield without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a bard wearing medium or heavy armor incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component.

Bardic knowledge, bardic performance, cantrips, countersong, distraction, fascinate, inspire courage +1

Cantrips known: ghost sound, lullaby, mage hand, prestidigitation
Level 1 known: expeditious retreat, hypnotism
Spells/Day: 2

Mystery (Life) -- Class Skills: An oracle with the life mystery adds Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), and Survival to her list of class skills.

Bonus Spells: detect undead (2nd), lesser restoration (4th), neutralize poison (6th), restoration (8th), breath of life (10th), heal (12th), greater restoration (14th), mass heal (16th), true resurrection (18th)

Oracle's Curse (Haunted): Malevolent spirits follow you wherever you go, causing minor mishaps and strange occurrences (such as unexpected breezes, small objects moving on their own, and faint noises). Retrieving any stored item from your gear requires a standard action, unless it would normally take longer. Any item you drop lands 10 feet away from you in a random direction. Add mage hand and ghost sound to your list of spells known. At 5th level, add levitate and minor image to your list of spells known. At 10th level, add telekinesis to your list of spells known. At 15th level, add reverse gravity to your list of spells known.

Revelation -- Channel (Su): You can channel positive energy like a cleric, using your oracle level as your effective cleric level when determining the amount of damage healed (or caused to undead) and the DC. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier (4).

Orisons known: create water, ghost sound, mage hand, mending, purify food and drink, stabilize
1st level knows: cure light wounds, divine favor

Spells/Day: 4[/sblock][sblock=Feats and Traits]
Feats: Arcane Strike (+1 damage and weapon considered magic)
Traits: Elven Reflexes (+2 Initiative), Devotee of the Green (+1 know geography, +1 know nature; know geography is always class skill)[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Skill Ranks: 6/4
Max Ranks: 2 ACP: -3 (armor+shield)

Diplomacy +8; +2 rank, +3 class, +3 CHA
*Know Geography +2 ; +0 rank, +0 class, +1 trait, +1 Bard Lore
Know Nature +6; +2 rank, +3 class, +1 Bard Lore
Perception +8; +1 rank, +3 class, +2 WIS, +2 race
Sense Motive +7; +2 rank, +3 class, +2 WIS
Survival +10; +2 rank, +3 class, +2 WIS, +3 Skill Focus

*Knowledge skills can be attempted untrained at +1/2 level of bard (Bard Lore)
[/sblock][sblock=Equipment]
Code:
Equipment        Cost    Wt
shortsword        10    2
dagger, 2        4    2
shortbow        30    2
arrows, 20        1    3
chain shirt        100    25
buckler            15    5
backpack        2    2
bedroll            0.1    5
belt pouch        1    0.5
flint and steel        1    -
trail rations, 2 days    1    2
sack            0.1    0.5
waterskin        1    4
clothing, explorer's    -    -
holy symbol
Treasure: gp, sp, cp Gems:
Total weight carried: 48
Maximum weight possible: 43/86/130[/sblock][sblock=Details]
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair Color: black
Eye Color: hazel
Skin Color: olive
Apperance:
Deamenaor:[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]... [/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Log] None yet[/sblock]
[sblock=Level Ups] N/A started 2nd level; xp +200[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
As far as I can tell, Shalaye is good to go. I could RP her as staggering out of the woods, 'changed' by one of her trippy vigils, and called by Desna to this spot in the story. Convenient, contrived, but ooey gooey good.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Quick question, [MENTION=2795]Mark Chance[/MENTION]: encumbrance. By armor, by weight, or "whatever"?

It would be difficult for me to care less. As long as you're not getting carried away with carrying things away, I'm easy. :)

As far as I can tell, Shalaye is good to go. I could RP her as staggering out of the woods, 'changed' by one of her trippy vigils, and called by Desna to this spot in the story. Convenient, contrived, but ooey gooey good.

Works for me.

Remove ads