OotS # 418 (Friday)

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Junk doesn't have those double meanings in English english (it means rubbish or heroin), so I had to go on Wikipedia to get the joke. Not one of his best strips. The dialogue was like something out of Austin Powers. Oh well, at least the last panel was funny.

Richard

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
A little cringe-worthy, but it did break the tension a little from the last one. It's what I'd call "a joke too far".

Looking forward to next week, all the same! :)

Jolly Giant

First Post
Dirigible said:
When there's a joke strip, people call it a waste of time. When there a story strip, people say 'bring teh funnay'.

This strip has no story. Nor is it funny, IMO. For me, this is the first time Rich really disappointed me.

Klaus

First Post
Great strip! (wait, is that a double entendre, too?).

If Hinjo got a bag of holding and this boat was a folding boat, he could've folded it into the bag and have some junk in the trunk*!

* That's "big ass".

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Heh...guess the author wants to prove he can still do lowbrow too. Well, it wasn't as good as the "down a level, up a level" strip....but not bad. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
It reminds me of the Saterday Night Live gag about their writing seminars and "how to stretch one joke into 3 painful minutes." :\ While Belkar helped a little the only thing that could have saved the strip by the end was the Giant getting a kick to the junk.

Remove ads