OotS 449

Celebrim

Legend
Xykon is going to laugh within the next three panels. As long as Xykon doesn't go ethereal, he can pretty much ignore the 'defences'. They are less of a threat to him, significantly less of a threat to him, than they were when they were alive.

DreadArchon

First Post
They may not be able to fight him properly (ghosts can't get through forcecages), but there's a good chance they can detonate the gate (if Xykon doesn't think to forcecage the gate itself).

I'd just about bet money that Xykon won't forcecage the gate, though. It's too simple and would likely ruin whatever plot thingy is supposed to be happening. :p

I think most of the ghosts can't really hurt an undead like Xykon. I wonder about the spellcasting paladins, though.

Couldn't Xykon Forcecage himself and the Gate, then go to work?

Celebrim

Legend
DreadArchon said:
They may not be able to fight him properly (ghosts can't get through forcecages)...

That's not the problem. The problem is that ghosts can barely fight him at all, because he's already dead. He is basically immune to any of the obvious things ghostly paladins might do.

Xykon: Protection from Good. Your turn.
Order of the Incompotent: Hmmm... nothing works.
Xykon: Spell Resistance. Now, I get to kill you twice.

Celebrim

Legend
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I think most of the ghosts can't really hurt an undead like Xykon. I wonder about the spellcasting paladins, though.

Doesn't work. They need to make touch attacks to deliver almost any spell that would actually effect Xykon, and any attack that depends on a material touch doesn't work.

Remove ads