• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #481 is up

paradox42

First Post
It's definitely starting to look like the people who predicted a party split (for some undetermined number of future strips) were correct.

MarkB

Legend
"Weigh anchor"? Why would they have the anchor out when they're tied up to a dock?

...Um, I mean, great strip.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
MarkB said:
"Weigh anchor"? Why would they have the anchor out when they're tied up to a dock?

Yeah, I'm not trusting a captain who ties the anchor to the mast.

edit: The only possible explanation is that the captain is not, in fact, the captain, but is actually some nefarious landlubbing villain posing as the captain.

Last edited:

Huw

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Never noticed her before.

More importantly, how many days at sea until Elan notices her...?

More weight to my theory that the captain is Roy's player's next character. The other two prominent crewmembers would be Hayley's and Belkar's.

Gez

First Post
MarkB said:

...Um, I mean, great strip.

There can be a reason, when you're expecting a storm, to toss the anchor on the other side of the ship; so that it's tide on the port's side by the rope and on the sea side by the anchor.

Prevents it from being tossed against the docks or the other ships.

Also, it's possible that Lien sneakily tossed it to prevent the captain from leaving in too much hurry despite the orders.

LoneWolf23

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
I got a chuckle out of Hinjo's half-conscious remarks about not swiping from his uncle's private stash :)

Curious to see how Haley and Belkar are going to get out of this one. The pokeshark doesn't look like it could be more than two seater, to say nothing of luggage.

I'm guessing that might involve a cute Sylph who can be summoned by the Booty Talisman Haley has been keeping on her belt since she found Roy...

PrinceXaxor

First Post
Well, that was kind of disappointing. I think even Lien was surprised and worried at them casting off. One has to wonder if she can even catch up, considering her expression. She certainly didn't follow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads