• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOTS 627 is up

Mistah J

First Post
moritheil said:
I really think Rich nailed the dialogue in this one.

Absolutely!

Spoiler:
While I certainly don't want V to die here, I hope s/he comes out of this knocked down a peg or two in regards to his/her arrogance and superiority towards magic.

If s/he had not left the others for being "stupid and a hindrance to his/her magic" then s/he would have some melee based back-up to help out.

Klaus

First Post
Absolutely!

Spoiler:
While I certainly don't want V to die here, I hope s/he comes out of this knocked down a peg or two in regards to his/her arrogance and superiority towards magic.

If s/he had not left the others for being "stupid and a hindrance to his/her magic" then s/he would have some melee based back-up to help out.

The last two panels are too awesome to describe.

Allanon

Explorer
The fact that I used that exact same tactic in a campaign as a DM makes me glow with geek pride :).
Not only does Rich have a talent for timing, suspense and comedy he's also an evil RBDM, go Rich!!!

robertliguori

First Post
Absolutely!

Spoiler:

Or, alternately, the dragon would have sunk the fleet and hung around to sneer at the floundering ape-things. Plus, none of the back-up melee brigade has the damage out or range to stop the dragon from diving into the middle of them, munching on V, and flying away. I mean, this is a CR 19 baddie here (at least); the expected outcome here is about the same as when Roy singlehandedly challenged Xykon.

mmu1

First Post
Hehe... Good one.

Now, I'm not saying it takes anything away from my enjoyment of the comic, but I think it's one where Rich has flubbed the rules again.

IIRC Forcecage, like Wall of Force, is not affected by an Antimagic Field. That, and an ancient black dragon (that's assuming the imp called it correctly) couldn't cast Antimagic Field anyway. And one older than ancient would be so big that it could only cover itself with the field, but it wouldn't extend outside its space, as it's centered on the caster. :)

Remove ads