• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OoTS 640

C_M2008

First Post
but new jersey didn't make it into the ncaa tournament.

duke is out now anyway.

The new jersey devils are an NHL hockey team (a good one), it would have been a sight gag, devil in a devil's mask.

Although with the title of this strip, perhaps best saved for a later time.

F5

Explorer
Bah, that's not evil. Evil is using the soul bind spell on momma dragon so she cannot return to the afterlife now filled with all of her loved ones. Disintegrate was such a disappointment :)

The evil part was re-animating the head in the first place, so she could watch. Keeping the head around via soul splice would have been an evil overlord kind of thing to do...keeping the spirit of your sworn enemy around to extract revenge later. Killing it again, with the understanding that it's with its family and won;t come back, was the logical thing to do, which says to me that V is firmly in the "calculating evil" camp, rather than the "blathering, homicidal EEEE-vil" camp.

V's family? I suspect they're already dead.

I did get a kick out of the panel of stunned silence from the Trio.

The one with orange eyes hung out with the Arizona State Sun Devil and Duke Blue Devil mascots in college? Obviously, he's the lawful evil one...:cool:

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
V has a necromancer with her/him. V doesn't need to find the phylactery, V can just use some necromancy to bind Xykon's soul before it gets back in Redcloak's holy symbol.

If V binds the soul of either the dragon or Xykon, the effect will end after the soul slice ends. So it'll do nothing on a perminant basis.

aboyd

Explorer
I notice the "it wasn't evil" crowd has fallen as silent as the "Miko was being a good Paladin" crowd did after #407.
It wasn't evil. V just helped wipe evil creatures off the planet. Good people everywhere should be grateful. Children won't be eaten walking home from school because of this. Think of the children.

Remove ads