• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 648!

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
Wait... so killing unrepentant evil humans and taking their stuff is wrong? It's only right when it's monsters? Drat, I've been playing it wrong all this time!

It's very simple: When you are evil, you are entitled to the lives and stuff of anyone you can kill. But evil beings are always subject to be killed and looted by anyone stronger than them, because it's not evil to kill and evil creature and take their stuff, it's only evil when they are not evil. Evil creatures also only have until they meet the pc's to repent, because they won't get a chance to repent later!

But yes, monsters are screwed. If you're a monster, owning things is just a bad idea. ;)

It's very simple: When you are evil, you are entitled to the lives and stuff of anyone you can kill. But evil beings are always subject to be killed and looted by anyone stronger than them, because it's not evil to kill and evil creature and take their stuff, it's only evil when they are not evil. Evil creatures also only have until they meet the pc's to repent, because they won't get a chance to repent later!

But yes, monsters are screwed. If you're a monster, owning things is just a bad idea. ;)
But you get a lair and minions! :eek: That must count for something!

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
I wonder if Haley has been sufficiently astute to put the body in her Bag of Holding? To be disposed of by the sharks.

No, she left the body there to convey a message to the guild once they raise her. While it would probably be pleasing to eliminate that NPC entirely, Haley seems to be acting with the assumption that her death is temporary. I think it makes the moral ambiguity a lot less ambiguous, considering that killing her is only adding insult to injury, to settle an existing score.

"You cut my hair off, but I killed you. I'll kill you again next time we meet. And after that."

Murder is hardly a big deal once your level is in the mid-to-late teens. It's essentially just a big game of "I got you last."

HandofMystra

First Post
Why did Haley get four arrows on a sneak attack? Oh, I get it. She gets one sneak from surprise and then wins initiative and takes a full-round action. She must either be 15th level (or have some full BAB levels) or have Rapid Shot. Does anyone remember this magic item that Haley took?

Remove ads