• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 667 up

Miyaa

First Post
I bet Tiamat's phone bill (Her friends call her Tia) is expensive, unless she has herself on the five friends plan from Verizon.

Ambrus

Explorer
Did anyone else have the impression that this strip and the previous strip should have been inverted? With Roy getting raised in #665 the logical progression would be to see Durkon unfreezing and healing V next, with the final panel showing the fiendish trio plotting their infernal scheme to wrap up the much anticipated #666 strip. Strip #667 could then have shown the peaceful sunset conversation between Haley and Roy.

As it is it seems as if Roy left to clean his armor without bothering to wait and see whether V would be alright. The order of events just left me saying WTF?

Still funny though. ;)

Vorput

First Post
Did anyone else have the impression that this strip and the previous strip should have been inverted? With Roy getting raised in #665 the logical progression would be to see Durkon unfreezing and healing V next, with the final panel showing the fiendish trio plotting their infernal scheme to wrap up the much anticipated #666 strip. Strip #667 could then have shown the peaceful sunset conversation between Haley and Roy.

As it is it seems as if Roy left to clean his armor without bothering to wait and see whether V would be alright. The order of events just left me saying WTF?

Still funny though. ;)

You're right... now that you mention it, it does seem off.

Kaodi

Hero
You're right... now that you mention it, it does seem off.

If it is intentional, it is brilliant. The devilish thing to do would be to skew events so that everything looks normal when the worst crap possible is going down, hehehe...

Dice4Hire

First Post
Part of me wonders what V's spell did to Tiamat. Do you think she ever spawned a dragon in the balck dragon's family line V wiped out? If so, what did the spell do to her/ her black dragon head?

Orius

Legend
Tiamat's almost on a Fibonacci sequence.

Yes, I notced that too. It's kind of weird, really 13 should come after 8, but he has 11 here instead...except that he started the sequence at 2, instead of 1, 1 like it should have. Two reasons for that: you can't have two lines 1, and going 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 would have more lines than Tiamat has heads. So he puts the two ones together so the joke can still be recognizable and make logical sense. So I'd say that Tiamat is indeed on a Fibonacci sequence. (Yet Rich said on the GitP forum that he picked the numbers at random, ha!)

And it would seem that Tiamat is indeed truely pissed, as she sees fit to chew out the fiends with all 5 heads at once.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think maybe the best thing about this strip is the complete change of tone in the last panel. Serious, almost sad, straight to silly. Perfect comedic timing. :D

Remove ads