• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 827

Dausuul

Legend
Ha! Thought so. Redcloak is obviously planning to keep the phylactery and not tell Xykon. My guess is he'll create a fake and hand it over in the next strip (though we may not get confirmation it's a fake until much later).

Ainamacar

Adventurer
Rich also made a point to show that at least some of the monsters were paid, which suggests Planar Ally. Among its other advantages over Summon Monster, in this case silence could be part of the deal.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I'm very glad Niu survived. I don't know that I could've taken them being wiped out with no one knowing.

I have to say, though, the timing seems weird, still:

The hobgoblins report in.

The elf rogue* polymorphed into a hobgoblin overhears the report.

The elf rogue reports in (presumably magically) to the Resistance.

The Resistance sends a heavily-armed strike team to recover the phylactery.

The hobgoblins, who are saying "we need to turn this in to Jirix ASAP" come out.

The Resistance strike team overruns the hobgoblins.

The Resistance comes back to find Redcloak and his summonses and planar allies have assaulted the base in the meantime.

Now, maybe the path the hobgoblins were taking was close to one of the Resistance tunnels. And maybe the Resistance strike group were already out and could be rerouted asap.

But this just seems a touch off. Though I could be reading too much into this.

Brad

* - BTW, anybody notice that the elf rogue is still, theoretically, alive? At least until the polymorph wears off. Though it's entirely possible that the rogue was known of and ganked as soon as they were no longer needed?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I'm very glad Niu survived. I don't know that I could've taken them being wiped out with no one knowing.

I have to say, though, the timing seems weird, still:

< SNIP >

But this just seems a touch off. Though I could be reading too much into this.

Not really since comics are able to both compress time and expand time as needed in between panels and pages.

As far as we know it may be hours since the phylactery was discovered.

Remove ads