• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 908

MarkB

Legend
Interesting twist.

I forget - do we know where the last Gate is? If not, I'm guessing it's going to turn out to be in the Dwarven homelands.

Rune

Once A Fool
Interesting that if Durkon is going to remain the primary healer, his utility is going to go way down (since he can no longer spontaneously cure).

MarkB

Legend
Elan seems to have been filling in somewhat on healing duties, and whilst the healing potential is dropping, their damage output is going to go 'way up.

Or else Durkon could just turn them all into vampires, and then he'd be able to spontaneously heal them again.

I am curious to hear whether Thor has anything to say about Durkon's new state of existence.

Kaodi

Hero
I don't think you switch gods just because you become undead... A simple Google search of "Thor's alignment" turned up a giantitp.com thread on OotS as the very first thread for me. Rich might be ignoring alignment restrictions, because Durkon was probably LG and Thor CG before.

Rune

Once A Fool
That is rather a minor issue comparing to him level draining when he heals (touches) them.

Mr. Burlew has confirmed that that was an inflict wounds spell; Durkon never prepared cure spells (because why would he?). When he tried to spontaneously cast one on Roy, it turned into an inflict spell, instead.

I don't think you switch gods just because you become undead... A simple Google search of "Thor's alignment" turned up a giantitp.com thread on OotS as the very first thread for me. Rich might be ignoring alignment restrictions, because Durkon was probably LG and Thor CG before.

Alignment is one of those topics that pops up often over there, but no one ever convinces anybody of anything.

I personally believe that Durkon has exhibited evil (or at least dishonorable) behavior in this strip (I don't think the old, Lawful Good Durkon would ever have coup-de-gras-ed a a foe.) I further don't believe that Thor would grant spells to a vampire. Hel might, but, because of the wording of previous prophecy, I think it is much more likely that Durkon serves Nergal, now (whether he knows it or not).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads