• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oozes

Caliber

Explorer
Anyone want to explain how oozes interact with Magic Items (specifically weapons)?

Looking at the SRD it says Black Oozes force a Reflex DC 21 (I think) check or the weapon instantly disintegrates. Does that go for magic items too? Do they simply go poof without damage taken?

Anyone info you can throw out on Oozes (of any kind) will help.

Madfox

First Post
Magic weapons either use the save of their weilder or their own save - whichever is higher. Of course, weapons with an enhancement that makes them immune to acid and rust would make them completely immune to the black ooze as well ;)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Yep- magic items, unless immune to acid or whatever, must make a save. If it fails, said item is no more.

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
I thought so, but when one goes about destroying PC's precious items, it is best to be 100% sure. Otherwise a lynching may ensue ... :D

the Jester

Legend
I think that in 3.x, it's important to destroy items periodically because they come so easily.

Of course, when a mean tax collector steals all the party's weapons and then sends them on a quest, that's just mean.

(Looks innocently at halfling story hour; nope, an update or so away still.)

Remove ads